do i have to sign international shipping label with signature?

hi all, im new to using paypal's international shipping labels on ebay.  i need clarification on a few things...

1. there's a long blank space at the bottom of the shipping label, underneath "customs declaration." it says "signature:" on the far left. it says "Date:" on the very far right. theres some other info underneath them that i dont underestand. do i have to write something in the blank space there?

2. when filling in the customs form part, they ask for prices of each item. but in my case, each item were all sold in one listing with one price. so if i sold items in a single bundle, do i need to list the bundled items separately and make up their prices so it matches the total?

3. is it true paypal raised the threshold for requiring sellers to have signature comfirmation on parcels in order to have full protection? is it still $250 Canadian for the item value? what if i sold it in US Dollars?

4. what's the best place on the internet to find HS codes? canadapost's HS Code online database seems broken right now.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

1. Signature in long box. Printed labels usually already dated

2. Each item + quantity+  price = total price. Unless you sold as a lot, or you can put all description in one line.

4. System will take any number of 6 digits / 0000000.  HS Code required for businesses, but online option will ask you for code anyway.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

4) Those HS codes are international,  so if Canada Post is down (as reported today), try any English speaking country's website. (Suggested by another poster.)

3) Paypal and eBay currently require Signature Confirmation on items selling for $750USD (about $950CDN) if a buyer is claiming non-delivery. It doesn't have to be the buyer's signature.

This includes the cost of shipping.

If your item is valuable enough in your opinion, it's probably worth the $1.50 premium for the signature as insurance against claims, which also would put sketchey buyers on notice that you did not just fall off the turnip truck.

2) If you sold one lot of 10 items for $100 (frinstance), then the lot would be listed together, even if each item were different. (10 different Star Wars miniatures eg or 10 brooches and necklaces).

When you print the Paypal shipping label, which does much of this for you, the title of the lot will show up. It can be modified*.

1) Not if the PO clerk doesn't ask you to. I've never been asked.

*I've modified the title or writer of books going to countries with dictatorships, for example. Not to lie, but to sound more boring.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

1. Signature in long box. Printed labels usually already dated

2. Each item + quantity+  price = total price. Unless you sold as a lot, or you can put all description in one line.

4. System will take any number of 6 digits / 0000000.  HS Code required for businesses, but online option will ask you for code anyway.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

i thought about putting all description in one line since this one is a bundle, but their HS codes and country of origins are different. so what to do if the country of origins are different if i wanted to put in one line?

didn't know HS codes are only for businesses.... so it's safe to put just 6 digits zeroes for ANYTHING for people who are just selling their own stuff on ebay? i dont have a ebay store. customs won't refuse it, right?
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

4) Those HS codes are international,  so if Canada Post is down (as reported today), try any English speaking country's website. (Suggested by another poster.)

3) Paypal and eBay currently require Signature Confirmation on items selling for $750USD (about $950CDN) if a buyer is claiming non-delivery. It doesn't have to be the buyer's signature.

This includes the cost of shipping.

If your item is valuable enough in your opinion, it's probably worth the $1.50 premium for the signature as insurance against claims, which also would put sketchey buyers on notice that you did not just fall off the turnip truck.

2) If you sold one lot of 10 items for $100 (frinstance), then the lot would be listed together, even if each item were different. (10 different Star Wars miniatures eg or 10 brooches and necklaces).

When you print the Paypal shipping label, which does much of this for you, the title of the lot will show up. It can be modified*.

1) Not if the PO clerk doesn't ask you to. I've never been asked.

*I've modified the title or writer of books going to countries with dictatorships, for example. Not to lie, but to sound more boring.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply