don't buy from newbies, I got scammed

6six666666
Community Member

DONT buy from newbies,there nothing but stinking scammers, dont know why ebay lets them sell?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

So what happened????

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Yes tell us what happened?You got scammed by a newbie? Sounds like an expert than a newbie if they could scam people.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

what happened is 2 nights ago i bought from ,never posted that the items were comming from china even though hes in canada, fauls advertising.and i asked for refound no answer,no help from ebay either.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Looks to me like you didn't read the listing.

From the listing.

3.The item will be sent within 1-2 days from our supplier in China .

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You are aware that the other 2 items you bought are also coming

from China.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

yup,but there good sellers not like u,they answer there mail on time .why because they CAREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

oh yeh,one seller has on his listing  you pay cash,and get free lures, fauls advertising. i wasnent offered anny,i paid cash what a crock of ?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@6six666666 wrote:

DONT buy from newbies,there nothing but stinking scammers, dont know why ebay lets them sell?

Hi 6six666666,

Sellers need to start somewhere - even the the best & biggest sellers on the site was at 0 Feedback at one point. Not allowing new Sellers to sell would mean not giving them a chance - which wouldn't be fair. 🙂 

If you do have issues with any seller - new or established, please reach out to Customer Support to let them know. Each listing also has a 'Report Listing' link to help flag these types of listings to our Trust & Safety team.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Kalvin

He is refering to the sellers ID not a new seller (newbie)

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

You can start an Item Not Received claim in 20 days, although it is likely that the item will have arrived by then.

You can Report the seller for false contact information, if he really did not disclose that the item was being shipped from China. However, it seems that you did not read the lsiting carefully and missed the location of the product.

It is not unusual for the location of the seller and the location of the product to be different. This is acceptable, However, it is useful to note that most of these "dropsellers" are not knowledgeable about selling and often have difficulty filling orders and communicating with customers.

If you have been shopping with a mobile device you should be aware that not all the information that the seller uploads can be seen on your phone. If you find an item that interests you, put it on your Watch List (the link is right below the price) and confirm your purchase at a "real" computer.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply