eBay Issue: Sending Listing End emails instead of Listing Sold

Yesterday I started getting bunch of Listing Ended emails with remaining quantity. It was suspicious because I did not touch eBay in few days and they are GTC listings. When I logged in, the listings are active just have been sold from.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Hmmm. This is not what happened to me but for some reason, I started getting ended listing notifications when my preferences were set to not sending me notifications when my items ended. That is really weird.

If I may ask, why use GTC listings? If your buyer is searching for newly listed items then your listings fall to the bottom of the pile. My biggest turnover of store listings (when I'm not auctioning) is for my newly listed items.

Why not use the automatic relist instead?
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Does the following apply to you?

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/ca/200809.shtml#2008-09-10114620
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

dipmicro: I got the same "listing ended" when in fact it sold.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It seems it is working as intended.
Whoever designed it must me smoking something.

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Interestingly I see pinks posting all over the board but they keep avoiding the bug reports like this one.

Well, I guess I have to change my email filters until they fix it (and break something else in the process) ... 😉
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

miriam@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi dipmicro,

Well, there's only one pink (me) and I've responded to any number of bugs on this board and the others I look after. So I assure you, I'm not avoiding yours - just haven't gotten to it yet.

This issue has been identified by a couple of different sources, and my understanding is that the feedback has been passed on. I'll see if I can get more details and share them with you.

Thanks,

Miriam
Message 7 of 7
latest reply