eBay Keywords Site .. still running?

Hi,

Went to www.ebaykeywords.ca to create a new banner ad promotion and found out that an old banner ad I had funded several weeks ago was still "Pending Approval", plus the "Create New Ad" button was non-existant. I went to the US site (.com) and found out as well that after I uploaded the graphic I couldn't click the "continue" button.

Is this ebaykeywords sites and the banner program still going? If not, how do I get my money back for ads that aren't being displayed on eBay?

Thanks,

Alex.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

torontosales
Community Member
Anybody tried ebay keywords ad before? As a new powerseller, I was told that I can get $200 keywords ad, I'm not sure how to use it at this moment. Any ideas? \

thanks,

Torontosales
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

yogagirlvancouver
Community Member
ebaykeywords.CA is NOT reliable right now. I have been waiting for 4 MONTTHS for them to refund me $20.00 that they owe me for banner ads which I created which they NEVER ran.

Ebaykeywords.COM, however, is much more reliable.

Best of luck to you! 🙂
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Actually I have gone to eBaykeywords.com and have tried clicking on several different pages to add funds and each link takes me to a page that says "You have successfully logged out".

I can't add funds or get any banner advertising done.

I have used them in the past and they provided some reasonable good sales but now, as I mentioned, the sites (.ca, .com) are not allowing me to add funds. So what's happening with these sites? Are they working for anybody?

Alex
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Also, the last newsletter that eBaykeywords.com has up on their site in the archives is from September of 2005.

I'm thinking no one is home.

Alex.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

yogagirlvancouver
Community Member
Hmmm... that seems very strange - you could be right. It is definitely how my experience has with ebaykeywords.CA. The first time I started a campaign, someone actually got back to me with a question I had, but they still failed to run any of my banner ads, and have never replied to any of my emails for my REFUND since (up to 8 emails later now...)

So, that was a little discouraging... they actually recommended to be to go to the .COM site, and they said that the .CA site had't finished its "beta testing"... anyways, they still didn't refund my $ so I wouldn't recommend them at this point 😞

I've had no troubles with my .COM campaigns though, but I'll log in and will let you know if I find any new glitches there 🙂

Best of luck, and I hope you get this figured out. Can you contact EBAY directly about it?

Take Care,
YGV 🙂
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

vaughan@ebay.com
Community Member
Hi folks,

Hope things are going well. Thanks for making me aware of the some of the frustrations and challenges surrounding the keywords program. Here is my understanding about the program:
1. The program no longer applies on eBay.ca since we no longer have the placements along the top of the page in search result pages. However, the program is still available on eBay.com and it available to Canadians. I suggest you use www.ebaykeywords.com. I will look into having www.ebaykeywords.ca removed or redirected since it is no longer relevant in its current form.
2. If you are owed money from the program, please send an e-mail to vaughan@ebay.com and I will try to look into it for you.

Hope this helps!
Vaughan
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi.

Great! Glad to know what's happening with the CA site but what about the .COM site?

Every time I click on 'Add Funds' or 'Payment Required' I get sent to a page that states 'You have successfully logged out of eBay Keywords.' In fact it doesn't matter which link I click on the main screen, I get logged out every time and can't add funds.

Is this because ID Verify is required and only US customers can be ID Verified?
Message 8 of 8
latest reply