eBay Store Questions

llee2
Community Member
Hi all,

Anyone here have an eBay Store? Was thinking of opening one up with the new listing fees coming in February since a lot of my inventory is listed as Buy-it-now anyways. Is it possible to close one's store temporarily? (Say if I decided to take a vacation in Tahiti for a month. HAHAHA! Would be nice though... *sigh*) I know I could just not list anything in the store's inventory for the month, but it seems to be defeating the purpose to pay the monthly store fee if I'm not using it.

Thanks
Lincoln
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

eBay Store Questions

www-labels4less-com
Community Member
My ebay store works very well for me since I sell my "refills" for my labelers. The cost of listing in the store is negligable, "almost free".

There is no way of shutting down a store without ending your auctions. Your store will still be set up just empty once you cancel the auctions.

There are different ways to notify customers that you are away if you DO wish to keep your auctions running. Some people insert a 1 pixel graphic into the template of the auction and host this 1 tiny pixel graphic on the picture host they use. When you go away you simply change the graphic on the server to "i'm away until..." or "orders purchased this week will not be shipped until...". Keep the file name the same as the pixel graphic. Once the graphic is changed on the server all of the auctions will have the new "away" graphic.

Personally I wish there was a toggle to "hide" store items for when i'm away. I'd gladly keep paying the monthly fee but its a PITA to have to cancel and then relist all store items.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply