eBay Workshop: International Payments - Tuesday, January 27th NOW

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jsp?forum=93&thread=400092183&start=42&msRange=21

If you are interested.

Elaine

Elaine
TimelessClassicElegance
View Elaine Serafini's profile on LinkedIn
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

ospreylinks
Community Member
Hmmmmm...... missed that one.

Darn, I wanted to know if I sold a widget for 100 pounds, and dimensional weighting took it to 150 pounds, if the seller would split the difference at 125 pounds, or be willing to pay in Canadian Tire Money or beads and small trinkets.....

I also wanted to know if a train left Montreal travelling west at 100km/hr and another train left Toronto travelling east on a different line at 120 km/hour, how long would it take to drive a 1982 Datsun B210 from Winnipeg to Moncton at the break-neck speed of 67 km/hour.....

And finally, I also didn't get to ask, how much wood, could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Jeff
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
I can help on that last one Jeff - a wood chuck would pick a peck of pickled peppers if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

Re your Datsun question, it would get there just before it left due to the inverse proportion of the rotation of the earth divided by it's wobble and the number on the license plate -- the return trip, however, would be a different story!

See ... all you have to do is ask!

Glenda

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

amberwoodottawa
Community Member
I missed it too.

I wanted to ask: Which of the following would PayPal recommend I do to minimize my loss in foreign exchange:

1. A customer paid me in colones for 1/3 of my product and pesos for 2/3 but wanted to pay shipping using Euros and the insurance in Yen.

2. or taking 1/3 in Euros, 2/3 in Yen, insurance paid in pesos and shipping in colones.

3. or taking 1/3 in Canadian Tire money, 1/3 in chickens, a box of gumballs for the insurance and a bag of marbles for the shipping.

Malcolm
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Okay here is another one that I wanted to ask.... it was actually contained on a university exam as a bonus mark...
Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

And the answer as given by one student (the only one who apparently got the bonus mark.)

"First. we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.
Now we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:

1) If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2) If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over?

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year. "..that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you", and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having an affair with her. Then #2 above cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze over."

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

muminlaw
Community Member
Any record of who that student was? It would be fun to follow his career ... I hope a quick thinker like that ends up in politics! OK, OK ... a brain would be out of place on The Hill ...

Malcolm, that's easy! Make the customer do the exchange 😛

Glenda

Click here to go to my Store
Message 6 of 6
latest reply