eBay and Sellers Help me out please

homebooze
Community Member
Hello,

I recently recieved a negative feedback from someone selling a similar product as mine.

They bought my item knowing that it was far better than theirs, got a new user id, and left me a negative feedback just for the sake of negative feedback.

I've already reported this to eBay and awaiting their reply.

My question is I would like to take some SERIOUS legal action against them. Can I get them for harassment?

What would you do if you were in my situation. I just think its highly unprofessional of them. I would rather improve my product than go around playing childish games.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

JB
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

audioshack
Community Member
You said: "They bought my item knowing that it was far better than theirs, got a new user id, and left me a negative feedback just for the sake of negative feedback".

The other side of the coin may be that they bought your item because you were making product claims similar to theirs and you have been having a negative impact on their sales. There is absolutely nothing wrong with them doing that, nor in using a buying ID to do so. You will never win a "Harassment" case against this seller. They have entered, what they feel, is a legitimate negative comment for your product. How is that harassment? Is there something less than factual in their negative statement? If so, you could possibly have a slander or libel action against them - I can never remember which is which...

It appears that you have tromped on the toes of another seller who has been offering a similar product as you for some time. In fact, you even took the name of that product as your eBay selling ID for some time until a recent change. It leads me to wonder why you made the ID change....

In this instance it appears that one competitor has decided to call you out in a public forum to defend your product quality claims. Seems to me that the neg is the very least of your worries. You make no defence to their claim of your product inferiority but seem more concerned that they have made a claim at all.

Don't look to eBay for help on this one. They have done nothing legally wrong and they have not violated eBay policies as far as I can see.

My advice - deal with it. Its called competition.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
Holy cow what a big NO NO
You never place another sellers user ID in feedback
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Sorry there is little chance of you winning in court based on their negative comment unless it is 100% false and you can prove damages as a result of their comment.

As Todd pointed out, YOU may get into trouble for posting their eBay ids in your comments even if what they did was unethical.

You should have simply stated "Buyer is a Competitor using different Selling ID" and that would have been sufficient to tell other Buyers that the neg is undeserved as the party leaving the neg is biased.

Malcolm
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Malcolm.... your back... not gone????

Cool.....

Jeff
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

discountlabelsupplies
Community Member
Is that wine actually good?? Sounds horrid and something one might swill while serving time.
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

audioshack
Community Member
The results from these "kits" are unlikely to win any awards for quality,

"you should be getting DRUNK cheap, fast and NOW!!!" tells me all I need to know.

If this were my criteria to buy a product I would probably still visit the liquor store for a quality bottle of Thunderbird rather than wait a whole 96 hours.

Or in the immortal words of a former co-worker, "We will sell no wine before.... Tuesday".

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
Jeff
Shhhhh, I'm gone. Its a loophole I found in the system.

Malcolm
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

auctiondropnship
Community Member
I bet I know , you emqailed and said you were going on Vacation
Auction Drop N Ship
Drop It, Sell It, Ship It

Canada's Ebay Drop Off Store
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
No thats not a loophole, thats a privelage (one they ignored when requested last year). This one has nothing to do with eBay, except being a flaw in the system.

Malcolm
Message 10 of 10
latest reply