eBay.com Blocks International Bidders from US Media Categories

By Ina Steiner
EcommerceBytes.com
April 15, 2013

eBay sellers began reporting problems with international exposure beginning in early April. One seller told EcommerceBytes the problem began for items listed after April 4th in Media categories but only for listings from U.S. sellers who don't use eBay's optional Global Shipping Program.

Sellers noticed that their listings began including "involuntary shipping exclusions" appended to the shipping section of their listings.

For more: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/cab/abn/y13/m04/i15/s01 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

My first impression of that Pierre, would be to say that eBay is trying to punish US sellers that do not join the program and force them to opt in. After all, they now have to make sure that PB makes money also. But then, I tend to be a bit of a conspiracy theorist too.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

This has nothing to do with GSP, it's a glitch.

Need evidence? Six of the countries on the short list of excluded countries are also found on the list of countries served by GSP

Look at a US Media listing using GSP and you will see this.

Ships To: (GSP Countries) United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, Sweden, Korea, South, Indonesia, Taiwan, South Africa, Thailand

Excluded List: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Latvia, Romania, Russian Federation, South Africa, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, China

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply