eBay ruined my business X-( :_| X-( :_| X-( :_|

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
July last year I sold 356 baby slings
This year I sold 7 !!!!! SEVEN!!!!!

And yes! I blame eBay for this!

With all your STUPID changes and "improvements" YOU RUINED MY BUSINESS !!!!!!

My eBay store is not for fun... me and my family depend on it...

I can't afford to continue trying to make it work...

This is the sad end of 4baby&U 😞

Kasha

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

itrecovery
Community Member
Huh? Any details?
Message 2 of 47
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
I was always using one day auction format.
With this I had the most visibility and as we all know most people bid at the last minute. Now with the BEST MACH BS I'm somewhere on 5th page and some of my listings are not viewed once.

I tried fixed price in featured area... nope 😞
I tried fixed price with best offer option.... nope 😞
I put a lot of items on SALE.... nope 😞
I redone all my inventory and offered free shipping... still nothing 😞

I'm giving up... I hope eBay is happy :_|

Kasha

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Kasha,

eBay is starting to remove all of the neutrals from feedback percentage calculation and you'll soon (within the next few days) see that your feedback is up to 100% again. This may help you with search results.

Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 4 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you - Please- give me a break!!!
If all you sold were 'baby slings' I could appreciate some of your concern.
HOWEVER- with OVER 650+ feedback from Jan 1st., 2008 onward to date- you certainly are doing plenty of other business.
So, people are most certainly finding THESE OTHER items, and buying them!
I don't see you complaining how eBay has RUINED your business regarding these 650+ sales!

If eBay really is DISADVANTAGING "ONE" OF YOUR ITEMS- AREN'T ALL EQUALLY DISADVANTAGED ?????
Maybe you should be asking yourself why buyers are so easily finding, and purchasing your other products, and not worrying about the slump in baby sling sales.
Message 5 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you-
I took a look at your overall feedback history.

4 Negative
36 Neutral
12 Withdrawn (0 removed by eBay)
52 Total

Never mind that eBay won't be counting NEUTRALS- and you will go back to 100% POSITIVE. I don't think that's your problem!

EVERYONE IS SOOOO CONCERNED ABOUT DSR's & FEEDBACK numbers- Doesn't anyone think that It is just possible that people/potential buyers are reading the feedback other buyers have left?

AND- that feedback you have received, much related to the quality (or lack thereof) for the both the product, and lack of service may be catching up with you!

Since you were able to (though didn't) retaliate to much of the feedback you received- this was before the rule changes- and BUYERs who risked retaliatory feedback present a much more accurate picture of the situation.
Buyers do read FEEDBACK- and yours speaks volumes.
Message 6 of 47
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
lina-mallows you give me a break!!!
If you check my store beside baby slings I have only pacifiers so What other business? where did you find those 650 sales from June? In my eBay is 17 sales in last 60 days.... IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU????? sorry but not for me 😞
I sold 17 items in total for $442.11 I don't even want to check how much I paid eBay fees for this period

I DON'T do any other business.... I don't know where did you find those numbers ?:|

And I don't care much about DSR's and feedback numbers... BEST MUCH is ruining my business

Kasha

Message 7 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
or_baby_and_you- Take a good hard look at some of the comments left by your not so satisfied buyers.
There are 650+ feedback from YOUR customers who obviously purchased SOMETHING from you THIS YEAR, in order to leave that feedback!

The 650 sales were from JAN 1st., 2008 to date!
I was very clear about that. "OVER 650+ feedback from Jan 1st., 2008 onward to date- you certainly are doing plenty of other business."

Sellers should stop blaming eBay for their faults.
Sales also dip throughout the year- overall constant sales levels are rare.
eBay didn't ship your items, or deal with your customer's.
Well- eBay did at times when your customers were filing complaints against you.

BEST MATCH may be the default option for searching- but it is not the ONLY option.

eBay fees are a fact of life. We all pay them. If you don't like them- then don't list.

However- I still stand by my belief that your customer's feedback speaks volumes about the perceived questionable quality of your merchandise- and your lack of buyer satisfaction. Those feedback are there for all to see regardless of whatever you, or I think, about how bad BEST MATCH is for our business.

NOTE- We are more than happy to be at STANDARD, or LOWERED, though we are certainly in the minority. Our sales ROSE, not dropped. So we aren't complaining anymore!
Message 8 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you- ONE week, or ONE month of sales shouldn't be enough to RUIN your business.

We can all complain- at the end of the day- blame eBay if you want.
But that won't solve your problems.

Feedback containing the following:
"Auction Misleading" "received wrong color" "Poor packaging"
"Recieved items a little damaged due to poor packaging"
"fixed shipping rate was 4 times actual shipping costs"
"came all bent up, 6$ to ship"
"Good transaction, but feel misled"
"Very unhappy Seller will not return my emails"
"Very unprofessional" "Measurements may be inaccurate"
"Not good quality" "Wrong size-sent sling back 4 refund"

So, for_baby_and_you WHAT of the above comments in your feedback profile would instill ANY confidence in me to buy your product?
eBay can RAISE your feedback to 100% for all I care- FEEDBACK, if it is the cornerstone of eBay, is there for all to see- and I can't find anything there that wouldn't make take the time to shop elsewhere.

Everyone has a bad day. And some buyers can never be pleased.
With the volume, and similarities of comments, a pattern pretty quickly becomes apparent.
Message 9 of 47
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
SO once again.... I will tape slowly for you:

July last year I sold 356 baby slings
This year July I sold 7 !!!!! SEVEN!!!!!

M Y B U S I N E S S I S D O W N SINCE they made the STUPID BEST MUCH !!!!!!!!!!

And I still have better feedback than you 😛

Those negatives didn't slow my sales because as you said some buyers can never be pleased. And if somebody doesn't take the time to read description and then feel misled... don't tell me it never happened to you...

Kasha

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
So, for_baby_and_you WHAT of the above comments in your feedback profile would instill ANY confidence in me to buy your product?

TRY READING ALL THE POSITIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From all 4,283 feedback received 4 Negatives are making you think that I'm a crook?

Kasha

Message 11 of 47
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
LINAS NEGATIVES:
Sadly, this is first time neg feedback was left. Will not recommend this seller.
Dealing with this seller has not been pleasant. Would not communicate thru eBay
Seller became agitated when asked for delivery date -can't recommend this seller

O my my my... 😮

Kasha

Message 12 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you So this is the best you can do to defend your less than sterling performance-
find THREE NEGS- from ONE of our FORMER!!! CUSTOMERS, and the ONLY NEGS left in OVER FIVE YEARS of selling on eBay:

Sadly, this is first time neg feedback was left. Will not recommend this seller.
Dealing with this seller has not been pleasant. Would not communicate thru eBay
Seller became agitated when asked for delivery date -can't recommend this seller

We simply got fed up with constant e-mails from this buyer, at first inquiring about delivery- when they haven't even paid. Then, asking where there items were- when sent by TRACKED mail.
(As an aside- this 'buyer' is also a 'seller' of similar products- so ANY less than complimentary feedback left is questionable as to motive- draw your own conclusions!)

FOR THE RECORD-
here are our replies to the above ONLY THREE NEGS ever received- left by ONE FORMER!!!!! customer in 2866 other POSITIVE Feedbacks Received!

Reply by lina-mallows (21-Jul-08 16:35):
Oh- HAPPY! HAPPY! Joy !Joy! NEG FB is a small price for being rid of this buyer!
Dictating where reply is sent & NOT CHECKING your REG'D e-MAIL is your problem!

We responded SEVENTEEN times to your eBay REG'd eMail address- CHECK YOUR eMAIL!

NOTE- Our NEGATIVE feedback received was unrelated to the quality of our product, or the cost of delivery.

for_baby_and_you- It's not your FOUR NEGATIVES- it's the BIGGER picture your feedback tells your once prospective buyers to go elsewhere. Most will tell you- POSITIVE feedback is meaningless. It's the buyers that take the time to complain- especially when they could receive retaliatory feedback from a seller, that REALLY matter- and your feedback still speaks volumes!
Message 13 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you - Since you have taken the time to look- please tell us how we can perform better?

Better quality product?
Better packaging?
Quicker delivery?
Lower shipping costs?
Better Communication?

Since our customers aren't complaining about ANY of these things (exception of ONE FORMER CUSTOMER as noted)
What more can we do?
for_baby_and_you- we stopped baling eBay- and RAISED our shipping rates. Decided to mail item ONCE, or twice, a week- and be upfront that we won't take it anymore from customers who expect eBay's idea of INSTANT GRATIFICATION!

We are not afraid to tell our potential customers to go elsewhere- we state it up front in our auctions:
"We appreciate the feedback from the thousands of our happy customers.
There are many fine sellers on eBay who offer similar products.
HOWEVER, IF TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE- AND YOU EXPECT NEAR IMMEDIATE DELIVERY-
PLEASE SHOP ELSEWHERE!
We do not just drop your items in an envelope, and mail them!"

Then again, you have to potential customers in order to be so cavalier!
Message 14 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you- we stopped BLAMING !!! eBay- and RAISED our shipping rates. Decided to mail item ONCE, or twice, a week- and be upfront that we won't take it anymore from customers who expect eBay's idea of INSTANT GRATIFICATION!
Message 15 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you - you wrote- "And I still have better feedback than you "

You have better feedback than we do!!!!......that's about the most laughable thing I've seen posted here in quite some time.
By what creative stretching of imagination, suspension of disbelief can you, or anyone even remotely of reality, make this claim?

We have (as a seller)-
THREE NEGATIVES (from ONE SINGLE FORMER CUSTOMER)
NO NEUTRALS (from buyers)
and
TWO MUTUALLY withdrawn feedback (and one wasn't even a NEGATIVE!)
OUT of 2,866 Feedback we received (as a seller)

You have (as a seller):
FOUR NEGATIVES (from FOUR CUSTOMERS)
36 NEUTRALS (from about 35 buyers)
and
12 MUTUALLY withdrawn feedback (from about 10 buyers- and how likely MOST were NEGATIVE to start with?)
OUT of 4,111 Feedback you received (as a seller)

So, again, I ask- for_baby_and_you on what planet does "And I still have better feedback than you" resemble anything close to a TRUE statement?
Message 16 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
for_baby_and_you- Maybe I am mistaken and you were comparing our DSR's when you write ""And I still have better feedback than you "

So I checked:

YOU
Item as described 4.8
Communication 4.7
Shipping time 4.5
Shipping and handling charges 4.6

US
Item as described 5.0
Communication 4.9
Shipping time 4.8
Shipping and handling charges 4.8

Nope- still can't figure out what you mean by "better feedback".
Then again, things written on eBay are often not what they mean.
Contrary to your standards and definitions- we are overjoyed how poorly we are performing!
eBay keep up bringing on these stupid changes!! We love 'em!
Message 17 of 47
latest reply

lina-mallows
Community Member
So, for_baby_and_you I wrote- "WHAT of the above comments in your feedback profile would instill ANY confidence in me to buy your product?"

You responded "TRY READING ALL THE POSITIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Well, I took some time to read some of your POSITIVE comments.

Let's see- I found the following VERY POSITIVE ??? comments in your feedback:

"not quite what i ordered but it will do"
"SHIPPING TOOK ALITTLE LONGER THAN EXPECTED"
"Over charged and told I'd get a refund & didn't S/H cost not right"
"Sling had to be returned due to sizing. Money refunded."
"Not an accurate picture of the item in add."
"No Comment"
"Didn't respond to emails however."

I can't see any difference from these POSITIVE comments, and those left in your NEGATIVE, or NEUTRAL comments.
With POSITIVES like these- who needs NEGATIVES?
So, again, what of my opinion would change?
Message 18 of 47
latest reply

WOW!!!!:O
Message 19 of 47
latest reply

for_baby_and_you
Community Member
OK, OK, LINA.... YOU ARE THE BEST !!!!!!
and we all love you so much :-x :-x :-x

Lets all cheer : LINA! LINA! LINA! LINA IS THE BEST EBAY SELER EVER!!!!!! she is so smart, she never made mistake and she is so beautiful!!! LINA! LINA! LINA!

Kasha

Message 20 of 47
latest reply