ebay customer service so darn slow

Hello all, I sent ebay customer service on July 23, 2 items that I'm having problems with and still no response back.

Can you guys direct me to the PS customer service, maybe that will be faster?

I can't find the ebay customer service phone # to call. They still exist?

Thanks for any help.

Kelly
Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Regular PS no longer have a phone number.

You could try LiveChat here;

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/chat.asp?profile=43

Just keep selecting "other" until it gives up.;-)
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. Carl Sagan
Message 2 of 26
latest reply

#8 in line and 56 min wait time lol. No time for that right now.
Thanks
Message 3 of 26
latest reply

Definitely bring a refreshing beverage and a good book.

My few calls were in the evening(EST) and took an average of 15 minutes before I was connected to Live Chat. Which is also infuriatingly sloooooow.

They connected me to a human voice on one of the calls and solved the problem within 24 hours. (It did require some investigation to show that my claims were correct.)

Another was solved through the Live Chat.

And yet another gave me the right information, which I promptly lost by not printing out the advice, but it was later explained to me on the Boards - and better.
Message 4 of 26
latest reply

#8 in line and 56 min wait time lol. No time for that right now.
Thanks

eBay customer service SUCKS big time!

Last time i waited for over an hour and was told transferred to wrong dept. and need to transfer again, then click... line cut off 😞
Message 5 of 26
latest reply

YEs it sucks!!!

I finally got live help, but it was no help lol.

Anyone have a ebay phone # for customer service? I mean paypal is great, they pick up in minutes.

Thanks
Kelly
Message 6 of 26
latest reply

Kelly - ask your question(s) here. You will get faster and more accurate replies.
Message 7 of 26
latest reply

Thanks, but for the help I need, it has to be someone at eBay that can make decisions.

The Live help peep said they working on it behind the scenes. But I doubt it. I just today got a email about a question I submitted in 1st week of July. So ebay customer service is like a month behind. Why don't they hire more people? Or do they pay them crap wages?

Thanks
Kelly
Message 8 of 26
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
So you're willing to wait over a month for a non-answer from some underpaid, overworked call centre rep with little to no working eBay experience rather than to ask people with far more actual eBay experience and get a faster answer from eBay users???

Nobody here can make the rules but we sure know more of them and how they've been interpreted by eBay over the years. We can even point you in the direction of some of the eBay Pinks that could possibly help you.

Why not try? What have you got to lose?

If you're looking for change from eBay, you're not going to get it. If you're looking for answers and assistance - your best bet is right here. Live Help is useless and so is waiting for eBay in email or even calling support.
Message 9 of 26
latest reply

I'm not going to divulge my problems here. I'm not the type to hang out my dirty laundrey lol. Only ebay staff can help me out trust me.

I just came on here to get help with contact info such as Live help Link and phone #'s.

I got the Live help link, thank you. They told me problem is being worked on.

I will just wait out my time then. I should have a response by end of August yuk!!

But thanks for offering help.

Kelly
Message 10 of 26
latest reply

Not often we see so many sellers risking leaving negative comments with postive feedback.

Interesting.
Message 11 of 26
latest reply

Yes, one month wait time for ebay actually get back to you is about right. I share your pain.

in the meantime you have to do something about it yourself, won't hurt trying.

as Pierre was saying, if you let us know what your issue is; you have a good chance of finding your answers here much quicker.

real answer from real seller, not a form reply from ebay.

Thanks, but for the help I need, it has to be someone at eBay that can make decisions.

The Live help peep said they working on it behind the scenes. But I doubt it. I just today got a email about a question I submitted in 1st week of July. So ebay customer service is like a month behind. Why don't they hire more people? Or do they pay them crap wages?

Thanks
Kelly
Message 12 of 26
latest reply

Well femmefan1946 was correct. It was about an unfair, untrue neg feedback I received. Ebay said all I can do is request a FB revision as i was the seller.

You know what I say BS to ebay.

This idiot buyer came on with 0 FB, bought my item, called it misleading and asked to cancel sale. I cancelled sale and explained everything. I then was good enough to give him his first FB even though the deal never went through. He never even told me what was misleading. Total jerk.

This nut possibly is a past disgruntled seller with an axe to grind, and started new account just to nail me.

So now I ask all you guys that said you could help, with your supreme power and advice, can you make my neg FB disappear?????

Kelly
Message 13 of 26
latest reply

"can you make my neg FB disappear????? "

Basically, to answer your question directly, eBay will not remove the feedback unless your buyer agrees to the removal. eBay generally does not get involved in feedback or DSRs removal unless there is a pattern from the buyer which is not there in this case.

From an eBay.ca manager:
"These are rare and tough cases. To get the ratings removed we need to prove that they were incorrect or not justified (by looking at the behavior of the account) which is not always easy. We definitely want the ratings to be fair and we have specialized CS agents used to feedback manipulation working on these reports."

I know it hurts. Most of us have been there at one time or another: our first undeserved negative feedback. It stings. 😞

Unfortunately, we do not live in a perfect world.

What to do next?

"So take a deep breath,
Pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again."

Good Luck.
Message 14 of 26
latest reply

Thanks, but it aint over. I will bombard ebay with requests until it gets removed.

I thought ebay power sellers a had a special customer service rep to help out?

Kelly
Message 15 of 26
latest reply

I'm not going to take it!!. I will start an eBay revolution!!!!
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Not anymore.
Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I will bombard

Very fitting with your namesake lol.

Please keep in mind that, when you have worn yourself out, Pierre's words will will appear as wisdom that you did not act upon.

Bernie
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

jakeeangel
Community Member
Thanks, but it aint over. I will bombard ebay with requests until it gets removed.

I thought ebay power sellers a had a special customer service rep to help out?

Kelly

Kelly,

eBay is far better at ignoring us than we could ever hope to be in trying to get their attention. They will simply respond to your requests with the standard line then if you persist, they'll either delete them or tell you to stop and give you a warning and continue to delete them and then if you keep going they'll tell you that they won't respond anymore period.

It will drive you insane and ultimately there is nothing that you can do. eBay does not abide by the 'squeaky wheel getting the grease theory'. If the feedback does not qualify for removal according to their rules, and it doesn't, there's not a snowball's chance in hell of them doing anything for you. Sorry.

Do your sanity a favor and put the energy elsewhere into more productive pursuits.
Message 19 of 26
latest reply

Well you guys with 5,000, 10,000, 50,000, 100,000 Fb's dont have to worry. One little neg and all 1's DSR won't dent your record.

But I buy and sell as a part time hobby. When I get hit with a neg and all 1's DSR it hurts. It is total BS. 2 out of 4 DSR's didn't even apply to this deal becasue buyer backed out.

I'm hoping that ebay will make an exception since this idiot buyer had 0 FB's before nailing me.

I will keep trying.

Kelly
Message 20 of 26
latest reply