ebay paypal paying error message 10417

oracle2020
Community Member

over the past 24 hours i've tried to pay for my purchases on ebay, normally a routine action, but now i've been getting this message:

Your request could not be processed at this time
We were not able to process your payment.
Please check out again and try a different credit card or bank account for your PayPal payment.
If you're still having problems, contact PayPal customer support.
Error Code #10417

so what do i do about this? i've called the credit card companies i have registered on paypal, and there's nothing wrong on that end. so whats the deal? has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi oracle .. that code can cover a multitude of issues from an Ebay payment flow glitch to real issue with your account.

Have you checked your account..profile..mymoney..debit/credit cards. Expiry dates current?

Try send money..pay for ebay items..hopefully will not loop back to ebay.

Can call PP toll free 1-888-221-1161.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hello 'oracle',

That message comes up from time to time, - if all your financial whatnot is fine, then you should have nothing to worry about.  When I see a message telling me that payment cannot be processed, I try again later.  Maybe later in the day, or if it's at night, I'll resume in the morning.   It always works on the next try.

So unless you are continually blocked from paying I'd say just assume it's one of those ebay glitches that seem to happen sometimes, and try again a little later.  If no amount of waiting, not even until the next day, seems to help, then you may have to make the call and have someone on that end help you sort it out.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
If,after trying multiple times over several days the problem still persists,you may want to contact your seller to explain the problem,they may be getting anxious for their payment.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

oracle2020
Community Member

thanks so much for the responses guys! i tried several of the options, like clearing my cache and using another browser. i finally tried paying each seller separately (it was 4 sellers, 5 items altogether) and hit paydirt when one of the sellers was showing up as having a paypal account that was unable to accept payments. the rest went through, no problem. i've since sent a message to that seller, just waiting for a response. again, thanks for helping me out 🙂

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

wanyu08
Community Member

credit card error 10417?

Message 6 of 6
latest reply