ebay ratings

robbai5
Community Member

HOW DOES SOMEONE WITH NOTHING BUT COMPLAINTS ALL OVER THE INTENET HAVE A 100 PERCENT SELLER RATING. MAKES ME NOT TRUST EBAY.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

ebay ratings

Ebay ratings are from a persons performance on ebay

and not from all over the internet.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

ebay ratings

If buyers don't leave appropriate Feedback there is nothing eBay can do about it.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

ebay ratings

Ebay feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings are based on actual transactions. Neither can be left unless there was a transaction.

Buyers can leave positive, negative or neutral feedback. 

A seller can have a high feedback rating (99% or more) but many hundreds of negative feedbacks so long as most of his customers are happy with their purchases.

A Seller with 2 negative feedback out of 10 sales is a horrible seller.

A Seller with 200 negative feedback out of 10,000 sales is a good seller.

It is useful to read the feedback. A percentage will be from obvious loons. A percentage will be from people who did not read the description. A percentage will neg the seller for things he has no control over (late delivery due to weather).

But if the negs are all of a type (poor quality, rude communication, slow shipping) Attention should be paid.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

ebay ratings

Remember ebay holds sellers to VERY STRICT guideline so there performance on here may be awesome well elsewhere it is not so great because they get to make up there own rules and regulations ...

Also some people don't complain some people do just part of life ... I recently had a buyer flip kittens over $4 ad I mean lose it call me 20 names and tell me I am fraudelent and a thief etc..  Personally for $4 I would be hard pressed to wanna turn on my computer and type LOL ...

even though i resolved everything they still called me a ton of names etc.. Which then tells me I am just dealing with a glass half empty kinds person in other words no matter what I do they would not be happy ...

You find the info and you make the decision based on your findings but whatever you do .. Do not believe one or 2 bad things because you never hear about the other side ...

i had a seller tell me to F off and that they make 100,000k a year so I could take my $10 and get bent ... That seller had 100% ... That seller got removed from ebay a few days after ... Apparently your not allowed to threaten bodily harm to your buyers LOL

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ebay ratings

Because I can resist anything but temptation:

“There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who, when presented with a glass that is exactly half full, say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty.
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass! Who's been pinching my beer?”
Terry Pratchett, The Truth
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

ebay ratings

Maybe sellers wait to see what rating they receive before giving feedback or buyers give ratings that they would like to receive?

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

ebay ratings

Witholding feedback from buyer until they give a seller feedback is not good business and can be irritating to buyers.. Once a buyer has paid there job is done so they deserve the feedback .. Once buyer receives a sellers job is done and they deserve there feedback,,

Other comment about about what kind of feedback would they want for it is a nice thought for sure but not ever gonna happen...

It's kinda like say someone hits your car well there insurance will cover and in the end you will not be out a dime and everything will be fixed as if it never happened but in the 15 minutes when it first happen most people are not saying it's ok no worries they are freaking out .. Which is the same when a buyer receive damaged or not as desribed goods...

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

ebay ratings

Unless there is something seriously hinky about the transaction, I try to leave feedback as soon as the item is shipped, or at least packaged for shipping.

I've held back to put a DC number into the FB or because the buyer seemed a little off.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply