how can I cancel a bid when a mistake is noticed like wrong item for my needs?

bevjanpen
Community Member

I bid on item for some yarn, Since i bid I have discovered the yarn is not suitable for my project( wrong weight or gauge. This was my very first time bidding or buying on ebay and I feel a fool. Is there anyway I can cancel this bid so as to not cause any headaches for seller? I am available for any info you require. Please inform me earliest.Beverly Penney

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately that is not an allowable reason for cancellation. I think there should be more reasons for buyer cancellations, but nobody listens to Muggins here.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

Contact the seller and ask that she cancel your bid. She can do this and most sellers, while grumpy about it, realize that it is easier to cancel during the auction than to chase a reluctant buyer after the auction.

Well, we may not have parted on best o' terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also, certain... bullets.  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately that is not an allowable reason for cancellation. I think there should be more reasons for buyer cancellations, but nobody listens to Muggins here.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

Contact the seller and ask that she cancel your bid. She can do this and most sellers, while grumpy about it, realize that it is easier to cancel during the auction than to chase a reluctant buyer after the auction.

Well, we may not have parted on best o' terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also, certain... bullets.  - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hopefully the seller will be kind and cancel your bid. If not and you win, pay for the yarn and then find another use for it.

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

This was the best advice, the seller kindly agreed to cancel my bid.,I thank her so much 1
Message 4 of 4
latest reply