how can I get my refund, the seller has the item back and refusing to respond to messages

I returned an item which was incorrect and not as ordered, so I shipped it back, I have delivery confirmation. the seller is not responding to messages and has not made a refund, this item was purchased months ago. he forgot to ship it, took 6 weeks to get the wrong item. Im on the hook for 2x shipping charges and the entire item cost as of now.

pay pal says:

Buyer's Transaction ID: 51J81111696647520
-------------------------

We have received your request to appeal the above claim. As you have
provided valid information supporting your appeal, we have sent a courtesy
email to the seller requesting that they issue you a refund to resolve this
claim. Although we can’t issue a refund on the seller’s behalf, we ask that
you continue to work directly with the seller to reach a resolution.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

how can I get my refund, the seller has the item back and refusing to respond to messages

ECC Handcrafted MINI MONSTER!!! THE ULTIMATE MINI BOARD!!... (111173001215)

Sale date: 26/03/14

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you shipped the item back with tracking or Delivery Confirmation, give that number in your response to Paypal.

That will give a little more time for proof of Delivery and a refund. Paypal will refund from their own pocket and go after the seller.

I can't think why PP would say they won't refund you, unless it is just legalese to cover themselves. On Monday, try calling them and ask for a supervisor.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

"I can't think why PP would say they won't refund you"

That would happen - automatically - if the buyer returns the goods to the seller without filing a claim with PayPal within the required time frame.

Quite often trusting buyers - after communicating with the seller (as suggested by eBay) - simply return the unsatisfactory goods to seller for exchange or refund and everything works just fine as most sellers are honest.  However, in case where the seller decides not to cooperate, the buyers has little recourse if eBay/PayPal had not been informed of the problem in the first place.

On the other hand, informing eBay/PayPal results in higher "default" rate for the seller, regardless how well the problem was solved to everyone's satisfaction.

Catch 22

Message 4 of 4
latest reply