how can I report feedback manipulation to ebay? they only provide a phone number?

I want to find a way to contact ebay about feedback manipulation but can only find a phone number. Ebay has been of no help and just gives me the same instructions that ends up at a phone number?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

how can I report feedback manipulation to ebay? they only provide a phone number?

@omega5six wrote:

I want to find a way to contact ebay about feedback manipulation but can only find a phone number. Ebay has been of no help and just gives me the same instructions that ends up at a phone number?

you just have to phone them,the only way really if you want answers and not sure what you mean about fb manipulation?you will need to be more explicit,Just what is it you are refering too exactly?

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

if you do not give them a 5 star rating and say the item arrived within time they block you and will not sell to you again
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

That is against ebay policy to hold someone hostage with fb
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I purchased a medical alert bracelet from  and as I did not give them a 5 star rating they blocked me and will not sell to me. Ebay asked me if the bracket arrived on time which it did not. This I believe I'd feedback manipulation. They wanted me to lit to give them a higher rating feedback. I am unable to contact them in any way as I am blocked. I wanted to report them to ebay but they do not have an email address to send the report to.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

They have informed me that they are going to take legal action as I reported them to Ebay. Also they have implies as they pay a commission to Ebay they can do what they like and Ebay will support them!!
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hello 'omega', 

<<I want to find a way to contact ebay about feedback manipulation but can only find a phone number.>>

If you are getting a phone number in lieu of the endless policy pages to click on, most people consider that a good thing.  It would enable you to clearly and concisely explain the nature of the violation to an ebay representative, -- usually the quickest way to see action, although not always then either.  

You do not say what is causing you to discern this problem.  This here is ebay's policy on Feedback Manipulation:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-manipulation.html#policy

And here is the more personal policy on Feedback Extortion:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html#policy

If you believe you are witnessing the former, every listing has a Report Item link on the right side of the page that you can use.  

If the problem is with you in particular and another member, you may need to follow through to the phone number and place the call if you are serious about halting the problem.  Ebay is very serious about feedback extortion which is why it is one of the few ways a user can get a phone number.  

For everything else there is the endless clicking link loop.  

If none of that is of any use to you, perhaps you could post more details so others here can assist you more specifically. 

Best of luck Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Oh, I just found all this hidden in the bowels of the "comments".  That's the problem with this version of the Answer Center over the Discussion boards, -- not possible to follow a thread:

<<I purchased a medical alert bracelet from  and as I did not give them a 5 star rating they blocked me and will not sell to me.>>

Okay, that, they are allowed to do.  A seller can block a buyer if she doesn't like the colour of your eyes.  

<<Ebay asked me if the bracket arrived on time which it did not. >>

That question is the bane of the ebay seller's existence.  They are asked if an item arrived within a time-frame which they do not choose, -- and are then given a defect on their account if a buyer answers "no".  

Blocking you because you told the truth and did not know the consequences to a seller for things that are not her fault is a bit extreme, but she is not willing to let you do this to her again.  

It's allowed, -- and is not feedback manipulation.   Some might even call it "self-preservation" from the seller's perspective.  

<<I am unable to contact them in any way as I am blocked. I wanted to report them to ebay >>

All things considered it is probably just as well you are blocked.  You have nothing to report.  You caused a seller pain and she stops you from doing it again.  That is every seller's right. 

<< They have informed me that they are going to take legal action as I reported them to Ebay. Also they have implies as they pay a commission to Ebay they can do what they like and Ebay will support them!! >>

Oh, now that's pretty funny.  The seller is clearly an odd-ball.  If it were me, I would be glad to be blocked from any and all IDs this seller has so that I never make the unfortunate mistake of unknowingly buying from her again.  

Why would you want to?

In future, -- remember that if you had answered "Yes" to that question none of this would have happened.  

It's a petty, personal little nothing.  Stop wasting precious moments on your limited lifespan on insignificant nonsense.    Enjoy your bracelet and move on. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
latest reply