how can a seller sell canadian currency and coins but not sell to canadians , how stupid is that ?

how can a seller sell canadian currency and coins but not sell to canadians , how stupid is that ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It may be stupid but a seller can sell to whoever they want to.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

List on dot com and exclude Canada as a shipping destination.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I've noticed some U.S. sellers doing that as well. I would guess that in many instances a Canadian would be willing to pay more for a Canadian item than anyone else would so the seller is crazy not to offer the item to Canadians.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

They probably know they have to charge high shipping prices to provide tracked services to Canada so shy away from it. I shy away from many US sellers because they charge $14 or more for trackable shipping to protect themselves. I'm not going to pay that on a $4 item, and the global shipping program makes it worse charging and extra amount for duty that would other wise not be charged on such low dollar amounts. I can order from the USA or UK via a website and not incur any duty on a $120 item that has $120 marked as the value.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Change "know" to "think".

American sellers are used to cheap Confirmation of Delivery (less than a quarter when purchased online) and like to have it for foreign sales too.

But many do not realize that they could use USPS First Class International and get the DC they want for much less than they could a couple of years ago, when Global Priority was the only service with international tracking.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply