how can i cancel a purchase that is pending payment, i cant get ahold of the seller

kapogiannisg
Community Member

how can i cancel a purchase that is pending payment, i cant get ahold of the seller

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You can't.

You only joined eBay on December 3rd it is way too early to worry.

If for some reason the seller is unable to receive payments it will eventualy come back to you.

If you don't receive your item you have 45 days in which to open a dispute although i would never wait that long.

An item coming from within Canada I would open a dispute after 21 days.

An item coming from the United States I would open a dispute after 28 days.

An international item I would open a dispute on day 40.

What to do if you don't receive an item or it doesn't match the seller's description

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you have not paid, after 4 days (96 hours) the seller can open an Unpaid Item Strike.

You can communicate with him through the dispute, but if he doesn't accept your excuses, you will get a Strike that will make it more difficult to bid on eBay.

If you have paid, your payment will be held until it clears your bank (unless you backed your PP account with a credit card) which takes about 10 days. After that the seller has up to 7 days to get the item mailed.

Some new sellers, and sellers with poor reputations, further have your cleared payment held for up to 21 days. This is against their good performance and is a Buyer Protection policy. Occasionally a seller will get his panties in a bunch about this and try to cancel the sale.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply