how come when I bid on an item example: part is at $5.00 and i bid $25.00 at the last minute of the auction my purchase price ends up $25

sinthe10s
Community Member

Why doesn't let me win the auction with a $6.00 bid over the $5.00 and instead goes right to my maximum bid price to win. of $25.00?  Shouldn't it just go over the highest bid and stay there?

this happend twice lately and I put in the weirdest max bid value and that's what the purchase price ends up being?  No way did the other bidder have a similar high bid.  Like my last purchase the bid was at $255.00 I put a max bid of $322.55 and bid in the last 4 seconds and I won the auction and I seen my bid go to $260.00 then the purchase price went to my max bid price, that doesn't seem proper auction actions to me?  Can you explain why it didn't stay at $260.00 which over bid the last high bid. But purchase price  was $322.55..!!!

Something is not right with that, that isn't how an auction works!

This action cost me $62.55 extra and I want to know why?

Len.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

how come when I bid on an item example: part is at $5.00 and i bid $25.00 at the last minute of the auction my purchase price ends up $25

Hi Len.. post the item # here so we can have a look see.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sorry Len , cancel the item #..I looked at the bidding on your $322.55.

1 second after your winning bid another member sniped $320. That took price to your winning MAX.

Click on the 4 bids in the listing to see.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply