how do I return a item that was not the item ordered

real194712
Community Member

I ordered a hard drive model MK4025GAS and received a model MK2565GSX which will not insert in my laptop.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

When you open your Paypal claim you will be instructed to return the item to the seller WITH CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY.

While this is included on most parcel services, make sure of it, since without confirmation (and that's delivery not shipping) you will lose the claim.

If more than 45 days have passed since purchase, go instead to the credit card you really used to pay. PP is only a mediator. Call the card's 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

But act now. Credit cards also have deadlines.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Go to PayPal and open an item not as described case ASAP before the time is up. PayPal may ask you for evidence of item received (pictures, etc). Leave a negative feedback for it's too late.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

When you open your Paypal claim you will be instructed to return the item to the seller WITH CONFIRMATION OF DELIVERY.

While this is included on most parcel services, make sure of it, since without confirmation (and that's delivery not shipping) you will lose the claim.

If more than 45 days have passed since purchase, go instead to the credit card you really used to pay. PP is only a mediator. Call the card's 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

But act now. Credit cards also have deadlines.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply