how do you sellers provide a shipping fee for different destinations?

Do you take each item to post office and have them give you a rate for a specific destination?

Do you use a scale at home (I've purchased a Starfrit kitchen scale in the mean time which helps me create a shipping label once my item is sold - my items are listed with free shipping because I don't know how to provide shipping for the US)?

Do you use eBay calculated shipping? (which I find is different from Canada Post shipping rates?!)

What is your method?

Thank you!!

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

After your items is sold, you can not add extra charge to your invoice. Better to have option- Shipping not specified, contact seller (for now).

I have scale at home, and I know all rates to US and Canada, you can check it online at Canada Post website.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I would never use calculated shipping. The Canada Post website is the best place to get an accurate quote...have your scale, a tape measure and your packing material ready before you create your listing. Shipping to the US is no different than shipping to Canada, except sending parcels is MUCH cheaper.

I think people don't want to take the time to email asking for postage, then wait for an answer (unless they REALLY want what you are selling).

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Thanks for your comment. But the option 'Shipping not specified' will not attract potential buyers because it's a hassle for them to contact the seller and wait for a reply from them regarding a shipping rate. I never add a shipping fee after my item sells since it is listed with Free Shipping to Canada and the US - my listing price includes whatever the shipping will total to.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply