how many ebay providers are based in Canada

Hi i would like to find out how many ebay sellers are based in Canada?

I want to start up ebay in Canada for women fashion clothing and would like to know the best location best for a good supplier base. 

A reply will be appreciated

Regards

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Very difficult to find out how many sellers of women's clothing in Canada.

Relatively easy to determine the total listings in Canada.

Method 1

Change ....All Categories .... at the top of this page  to ... Clothing Shoes and Accessories

and then work your way down to women's clothing... I get about 111,000 listings.

You can go further if you do a breakdown in relation to location......

I would find the postal code of City Hall in a city  and then search women's clothing in relation to that postal code..... Do this for major cities within each province.....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Method 2

Use Advanced    at the top right of this page.... and fill in the terms to be used in your search.

Follow through and end up with the same number for total listings... women's clothing in Canada.....111,000

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

OP... is registered in UK

Has OP moved to Canada?

Many eBay sellers located in Canada find that they must focus on selling to buyers in the US

and... they must learn how to do that.... with the understanding   that there are many US sellers..... in all categories on eBay.

One can focus  selling in Canada only... However, one must understand many Canadians,  who  live in Canada... do their search on eBay.com... and will buy from those that list on eBay.com.

Also on eBay Canada one must sell only  in Canadian dollars.... a recent change

The only way to sell in US dollars... which US buyers may appreciate, .......one has to list on eBay.com ...

For a Canadian seller to list on eBay.com    there has to be an adjustment in understand how use to eBay.com ... in a correct manner.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

People in Canada can view and purchase your items now and your postage rates to Canada are quite good.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

As noted you already sell in Canada. Do you keep records of where your supplier sends the items you sell?

Are you aware that the address in your listings seems to have a few spelling errors?

Flate No 1 St Marrys Hall Road

Manchester
Crumpsells
Lancashire
M8 5DZ

Canada has a population of 35 million, but we do not have an historical tendency to buy by mail order.  This is changing with e-commerce, but one of our most beloved children's stories "The Hockey Sweater" deals with the fallout from a mail order purchase gone horribly wrong. (It's on YouTube.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZyDsF-Gp3o)

Message 6 of 6
latest reply