how much time does the buyer have to pay for an item?

tonycindy2006
Community Member

Most buyers pay for their purchase right away, but for those who don't, I am wondering how much time I should wait before contacting them for the payment.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

A seller cannot file an Unpaid case against a buyer for 4 days after the auction ended, so how long you wait is 'sort of' up to you.  Most sellers send a pleasant reminder note to the buyer's regular email at the end of day 3, and if still no response and no payment, file the Unpaid Item dispute at the end of day 4.  Four days after that you can close it and get your fees back.  No one leaves feedback.

You can wait longer if you want to, and some are exceptionally generous and do, but it is my opinion that people ought not to bid and buy if they are not prepared to step up with payment right away.  The following link will tell you about Unpaids:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Just be sure to file before day 32, because then it's too late. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Most important, the 32 days are counted to the second from the exact time the listing ended.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Always add non payers to your blocked bidders list.

Always file unpaid item disputes on day 4 and close it 4 days later.

Set your buyer requirements to block bidders with 2 or more unpaid item strikes in the past 12 months.

Non paying buyers deserve unpaid item strikes.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply