how to disable sending invoice automatically?

when an item posting ends, ebay will automatically send the invoice automatically. the shipping fee included that is calculated using canada post rate calculator isn't always exact because fuel surcharge isn't included in the calculation. for example, shipping rate to australia is $99 if calculated using ebay for my item, but on the actual canada post website it's $110

if buyer paid using the automatically generated invoice before I was able to send my own invoice, I will have to send another one to cover the missing cost, and the buyer will think I was scamming them or something. I want to avoid that as much as possible.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Do you list in US funds? If that is the case, the difference is not because of the fuel surcharge, but the exchange rate. 😞

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

As far as I know there is no way to disable that invoice from being sent

and you are not allowed to ask the buyer for more in shipping than what is stated on the listing.

The Canada Post calculator should be working properly though. Could you please give an item number when the price on the calculator was not right...the price actually paid on postage, weight and dimensions of the package and the buyer's location. Perhaps someone can figure out why the price did not come out the same. It could be that the page dimensions on the listing were less than the dimensions of the package when actually shipped. Xpresspost uses a dimensional rate rather than a rate by weight so if your package changes, the postage can change.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply