how to unlock a cell phone

Try googling it.

Different phones, different ways.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

oskye
Community Member

There are a number of eBay sellers offering unlock codes for different phones.  Do a search and check feedback.  I have used one myself with success.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

oskye
Community Member

FYI - in January 2013, unlocking a cell phone became illegal in the US.  However, the White House recently responded to public pressure on this issue and agreed it should be Legal.  But i'm not sure if it is.

It is perfectly legal in Canada, and most companies will do it for you, for a fee, under certain conditions.  (Buying unlock online is way cheaper.) Although, nobody will guarantee the phone to work perfectly elsewhere.  Neither will the other companies guarantee an unlocked phone will work perfectly on their network.

Canada currently has the Cell Phone Freedom Act - Bill C-343, introduced November 3, 2011. (So far, it has only passed first reading, so anything could happen.  And we know what the companies would want.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cell_Phone_Freedom_Act_(Bill_C-343)

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

drakzca
Community Member

If you need security Unlock:

What's your Mobile model?Network?

Try default codes like 12345,00000 or else try to reset your mobile  by using master reset code.If you need master reset code visit Unlocking4Free.com Here they will generate you reset within a minute by specifying your  IMEI.

If you need Network unlock:

What's your mobile model?network carrier?

You can get the unlock code for your mobile from  Mobile-Unlocker.com  at affordable cost with free instructions.Here select your mobile model then submit Network provider,Country,IMEI.They will provide permanent unlock code and you can easily unlocking your mobile..

Message 6 of 6
latest reply