i just got an email a cust refuses to buy my item how do i cancel there bid

i just got an email a cust refuses to buy my item how do i cancel there bid please help as 1 hour left and they just pulled this

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sorry, but you'll have to be more specific and provide details.  Your question doesn't make a great deal of sense as it is.  How do you know your buyer is going to "refuse to buy" if the auction hasn't ended yet?  By "refuse to buy", do you mean "refuse to pay"?  

Give us a bit more to go on and perhaps someone can assist you. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

the auction is still up but they want to cancel there bid sorry about that

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

A bid cannot be cancelled by buyer or seller within the last 12 hours of the auction.

I am assuming that the buyer has contacted you.  It would be be more helpful if you told us what the person said and the tone.

If the buyer asks to be let out of the transaction you can file a mutual cancellation with eBay.  Make sure the buyer will agree to it before you file.  The buyer will receive an email from eBay asking if he/she agrees to the cancellation.  If he checks the box saying he agrees to cancel then the transaction is automatically closed and you are credited for your FVF.

The other alternative is to wait for 3 days and open an unpaid item dispute.  I would do this if the buyer does not communicate with you regarding the transaction.  If unpaid after 4 days you can close the dispute and your FVF will be credited to your account.  The buyer will, in this case, receive an unpaid item strike.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply