i'll buy smart phone from US, shipping to Canada is it would be any additional charges when it come to me ? plz help.

ashraf_abdelrahman
Community Member
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

i'll buy smart phone from US, shipping to Canada is it would be any additional charges when it come to me ? plz help.

Probably about $65.00.

The seller is using Global shipping so it will probably be added to your invoice.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes.

How much depends on how the seller ships.

If he uses USPS/Canada Post, you will be charged $9.95 plus sales tax. I don't think there is actually duty on these machines. (Shipping itself would be $25 or more.)

If he uses a courier like UPS, you will pay $25 or more as a customs brokerage fee plus sales tax (and applicable duty, if any) on your doorstep before the package will be handed over. Or you may have to drive out to the depot to pay and pick up.Plus the actual shipping fee of course.

If he uses the new Global Shipping Program you will be charged a fee by Pitney Bowes plus sales tax and applicable duty. Plus the advertised shipping fee. Delivery will be by courier, but rather than a doorstep fee, you will be charged on your invoice and until you pay the seller is not required to ship. If you refuse to pay, you can get a Strike which will make it harder to buy on eBay in future.

So.

BEFORE bidding, contact the seller and ask if he will be shipping by USPS/Canada Post. If he is not, especially if he is using the Global Shipping Program, thank him and explain that the Program makes buying from him too expensive. And move on.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Probably about $65.00.

The seller is using Global shipping so it will probably be added to your invoice.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Yes.

How much depends on how the seller ships.

If he uses USPS/Canada Post, you will be charged $9.95 plus sales tax. I don't think there is actually duty on these machines. (Shipping itself would be $25 or more.)

If he uses a courier like UPS, you will pay $25 or more as a customs brokerage fee plus sales tax (and applicable duty, if any) on your doorstep before the package will be handed over. Or you may have to drive out to the depot to pay and pick up.Plus the actual shipping fee of course.

If he uses the new Global Shipping Program you will be charged a fee by Pitney Bowes plus sales tax and applicable duty. Plus the advertised shipping fee. Delivery will be by courier, but rather than a doorstep fee, you will be charged on your invoice and until you pay the seller is not required to ship. If you refuse to pay, you can get a Strike which will make it harder to buy on eBay in future.

So.

BEFORE bidding, contact the seller and ask if he will be shipping by USPS/Canada Post. If he is not, especially if he is using the Global Shipping Program, thank him and explain that the Program makes buying from him too expensive. And move on.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply