i was the hightest bidder on a item ibid $150.00 and no bid on the item or showed it $160.00 7sec. i was out bid & no notice !!

pepper65john
Community Member

I WAS OUT BID WITH NO NOTICE OR CHANCE TO BID "NO ONE BID HIGHER FOR DAYS,AND NO NOTICE!! I AM NO HAPPY I THINK I GOT SCREWED!!  I DO NOT THINK I WILL BUY ON E-BAY ANY MORE..JONATHON

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

i was the hightest bidder on a item ibid $150.00 and no bid on the item or showed it $160.00 7sec. i was out bid & no notice !!

Hi Jonathon.. you were sniped. Happens , many experienced buyers place their max bid as close to auction's end as possible. Some use sniper programs. The idea is to shut out others from having time to rebid.

Regardless, it is the highest bid that wins so bid the max you are prepared to pay.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If your maximum bid was $150 plus postage, then the guy who bid $160 plus postage overpaid.

If you were willing to go higher, then bid once, bid late, bid your actual maximum.

You may not get the item, but you will force the other guy to scrape the bottom of his wallet.

Mwah-Hah-Hah-Hah! 

Mine is an evil laugh. - Hoban Washburne.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply