iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

I have received an email about buying hone 5s at a cheap price. But the seller doesn.t want paypal..

Hi Daniel,

I propose to close the deal trough eBay, since they are the biggest and the most trustworthy online market place. Basically, it's similar to buying locally. In the way that we make the deal you will receive first the package with 10 units iPhone 5S 32GB and you have 7 days available to check and to decide if you keep them or not. For payment we will use eBay bank account. eBay will contact you on email with the Payment Invoice. eBay will contact us (seller and buyer) with payment and delivery instruction.
You will have to pay eBay using bank account. The money will be sent to their holding account, and they will keep the money until you will receive the iPhone's. After they inform me that they have secured your payment into their account, I'll deliver the iPhone's to your address and pay the shipping myself. After you will test it, inspect it for 7 days and decide to keep it, they will forward the money to me once you have approved them to do so. If you won't like or if it is not as advertised, which I can assure you it won't be the case because this is new in perfect working condition the iPhone's will be returned to me at my expense and you get full refund from eBay.
To register the deal at eBay I need from you these info: eBay user ID, full name, address, city, zip code, country and your phone number . As soon you give me these details I will register the deal and eBay will send us invoices.
Waiting your reply.

Thanks!

Mark.

Is this legit? He wouldn't reply me on eBay MSG. Only through his gmail. When I email the account user, it wasn't the same guy replying me on eBay. Is this a spam?

Thank you
Daniel Hu
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

It sounds like a real scam to me.

ebay does not work this way.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

"Is this legit?"

NO, definitely not.

It is a well known scam to steal your money.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

Here is a similar post on eBay.com - a few years ago - using exactly the same language!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Trust-Safety-SafeHarbor/The-seller-stopped-the-listing-but-suggested-to...

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

The scammer is a traditionalist.

"I'm thinking of growing a big black moustache." -- Dr. Simon Tam

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

THx !!!! Whew~~~ I was soooo close to giving my money away. Thx guys!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

THx !!!! Whew~~~ I was soooo close to giving my money away. Thx guys!
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

Wow!!! they are almost identical..... lol thx for the tips guys
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

@danielhu71489 wrote:
I have received an email about buying hone 5s at a cheap price. But the seller doesn.t want paypal..

Hi Daniel,

I propose to close the deal trough eBay, since they are the biggest and the most trustworthy online market place. Basically, it's similar to buying locally. In the way that we make the deal you will receive first the package with 10 units iPhone 5S 32GB and you have 7 days available to check and to decide if you keep them or not. For payment we will use eBay bank account. eBay will contact you on email with the Payment Invoice. eBay will contact us (seller and buyer) with payment and delivery instruction.
You will have to pay eBay using bank account. The money will be sent to their holding account, and they will keep the money until you will receive the iPhone's. After they inform me that they have secured your payment into their account, I'll deliver the iPhone's to your address and pay the shipping myself. After you will test it, inspect it for 7 days and decide to keep it, they will forward the money to me once you have approved them to do so. If you won't like or if it is not as advertised, which I can assure you it won't be the case because this is new in perfect working condition the iPhone's will be returned to me at my expense and you get full refund from eBay.
To register the deal at eBay I need from you these info: eBay user ID, full name, address, city, zip code, country and your phone number . As soon you give me these details I will register the deal and eBay will send us invoices.
Waiting your reply.

Thanks!

Mark.

Is this legit? He wouldn't reply me on eBay MSG. Only through his gmail. When I email the account user, it wasn't the same guy replying me on eBay. Is this a spam?

Thank you
Daniel Hu

Hi Daniel,

Please forward this to spoof@ebay.com so it can be reviewed. It's important that you don't share any details with them.

Thanks, 

~Kalvin
eBay.ca Community Manager

kalvin@ebay.com

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

iPhone 5 s fraud. Help

thx!!!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply