if seller cancelled the transaction saying it is the buyer's request, what could I do?

Seller cancelled the item and refunded the money to me because the listing price is wrong.  He lied that the buyer requested to cancel the transaction.  Even I clicked disagreed on RESPONSE button, this cased is closed as I AGREED TO CANCEL.  What could I do next because I lost $ on exchange rate. This is not fair to us Buyers!!!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

if seller cancelled the transaction saying it is the buyer's request, what could I do?

I take it that you paid in US Funds and the currency value had changed?

If that is what happened, unfortunately this is the cost when you use different currency. If the currency went the other way where you would have made money, would you give the difference back?  It might suck. I hope it wasnt a large purchase, but Its just the way it is.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I will repeat that the exchange rate is not under the control of the seller.

But you have 60 days to leave feedback. The most effective feedback is calm and factual.

Just for interest's sake, was the seller cancelling because he didn't have the item anymore (common with dropshippers), because he didn't get the auction result he was dreaming in technicolor about, or because he doesn't ship to Canada? The last would be your error not his.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply