if seller trick you on feedback what can you do?

laure-jp
Community Member
 help
my question is if a seller is insisting that you change your feedback from negative to 5 starts and its against eBay policy and you did not know should it be cancel or can it be cancel?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Not much you can do now with the feedback but you have replied to it so buyer will see it ..

what is your situation ? Did you receive item... Did you recieve it not as advertised or damaged ?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

the item never work from the beginning it was a 3 in 1 meter stick and it was off buy 4 numbers once I got the buffer solution from them after telling me to change my negative feedback to 5 stars before sending me the buffer solution.I saw it was off and tried to fix it by calibrating it with the magnet and the solution  it stop working all together then the seller never got back to me and eBay told me that it was not permitted to sellers to ask buyers to change negative feedbacks to 5 stars  and it was impossible to get help if I have change my negative feedback / the only thing was to get PayPal to review my case I am starting to get sick of dealing with companies from hongkong its the second time now. the companies told me to take of my case in PayPal can you believe those idiots like that is going to happen. I will see if PayPal will fix this situation for me and us as buyers.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You bought an item from China

It did not work

You left negative feedback and demanded restitution from the seller.

The seller demanded that you change the feedback before they would do anything

You changed your feedback

The seller did nothing.

In hindsight.

You have 45 days for a dispute and 60 days for feedback.

Feedback is part of your bargaining position. Do not leave it too soon.

The seller made a demand that eBay does not allow

You went along with the demand

You did not open a Not As Described case.

If 45 days have passed since purchase, neither eBay nor Paypal will help you. You are past their deadline.

If you go to the credit card you actually paid from,(PP is just the mediator, keeping your financial information private), you probably can open a Chargeback.

Credit cards have longer deadlines than PP/eBay, but act immediately.

You many be required to return the item to China. CC often accept proof of mailing for this (PP demands proof of Delivery, much more expensive).

In future, if you have a problem, check with the Customer Support> Resolution Centre if your seller does not cooperate.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply