is it fake ?

hi

i had a bad experience with Amazon fake sellers that create fake profiles and sell imaginary goods.

now, i bidded on an item listed as new, and the seller is said to beliving in Belgium, but the shippingis said to be free from California USA. The graphic card costs more then 300 dollars and he initial bid was 1 Euro.

Spmething is wrong with this kind of items...i contacted the seller no answer...how to be sure it is not ake ?

Seller created his profile a month ago and bought 3 items for 3 euros to get 100% positive feedback.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

is it fake ?

e item is about 400 dollars new, and it's sold for 25 dollars

Do you mean the high bid, 24 hours before the auction ends is at 25 dollars (surely euros? but they are pretty close to par at the moment)

24hours before the bidding ends...

Most bids come in the last few minutes of an auction, even the last few seconds.

Delivery is free...

"Free Shipping" is adspeak for 'shipping is included in the asking price."

Perhaps the seller is on the up and up, but is dreadfully naive about how to sell successfully on eBay. In that case you could find that he refuses to ship to you, because he won't make any money on the item.

But no response to a query? Move along. It won't get better.

This is the sort of high value/high fraud item that you are better off buying a Fixed Price. It is mass manufactured so there is no reason to wait around hoping for a bargain.

BTW, instead of the Best Match Search, the dropdown menu also offers Highest Price plus Shipping as a Search.

This is useful because you can discard a few or a few dozen items quickly to get to your price point.

Other Searches have their good points, but I find that one the most efficient.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

is it fake ?

I've been an ebay member for ten years now, and while I cannot peer into this seller's account and tell you what you're going to get from the purchasing experience with him, I can tell you that I wouldn't bet on it.

My time is too valuable to waste on what's ifs and items not received or as described from accounts that look sketchy.

I pick a domestic seller with good experience and feedback and pay market value to ensure better odds of actually getting what I need when I need it. 

It's a learning experience.

I used to be more willing as a buyer to take a chance than I am now, due only to the frustration of having to deal with a transaction gone wrong. It's just not worth it, in my opinion. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

is it fake ?

If an item is listed as shipping from one country and actually ships from another it doesn't necessarily mean it's fake. I bought many items from Amazon (mainly books) and though it stated that the country of the seller was USA, they actually arrived from the UK. It took longer but I did receive the goods. This never happened on ebay though.

Also, because the seller lists at a ridiculously low starting price does not mean the item is fake. When I sell, I typically list my items at very low starting prices just to get the ball rolling fast. If I know an item will be popular (name brand electronics), I can do that and it works well.

I'd be more worried by the fact that your seller does not bother to respond and the fact that his feedback is just about meaningless.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

is it fake ?

the item is about 400 dollars new, and it's sold for 25 dollars 24hours before the bidding ends...Delivery is free...it's like giving an item for free...even if the price becomes 10 times in the next 24 hours, it won't reach its reel value...

i am sure it's fake.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

is it fake ?

e item is about 400 dollars new, and it's sold for 25 dollars

Do you mean the high bid, 24 hours before the auction ends is at 25 dollars (surely euros? but they are pretty close to par at the moment)

24hours before the bidding ends...

Most bids come in the last few minutes of an auction, even the last few seconds.

Delivery is free...

"Free Shipping" is adspeak for 'shipping is included in the asking price."

Perhaps the seller is on the up and up, but is dreadfully naive about how to sell successfully on eBay. In that case you could find that he refuses to ship to you, because he won't make any money on the item.

But no response to a query? Move along. It won't get better.

This is the sort of high value/high fraud item that you are better off buying a Fixed Price. It is mass manufactured so there is no reason to wait around hoping for a bargain.

BTW, instead of the Best Match Search, the dropdown menu also offers Highest Price plus Shipping as a Search.

This is useful because you can discard a few or a few dozen items quickly to get to your price point.

Other Searches have their good points, but I find that one the most efficient.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply