item has not been shipped

lorry19540
Community Member

I bought item from India - paid by paypal as per request/included shipping cost.  Has been over two weeks and no notice if item shipped - sent two messages - no reply.  I have I been scammed.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

After only 2 weeks there is simply no way to know if you have been scammed.  You seller has zero feedback and no other items for sale, so that would have deterred me, but we're all different.  And just because a seller does not answer messages does not mean you are not getting the item.  So watch the item listing in your Purchase History as you can always file a claim to get your money back. 

Some sellers really don't like those premature "Where's my item" nag notes, although the seller should have marked it shipped, or sent a note to tell you it's on its way.  You have 45 days (nearly 6 weeks) from when you paid to open a claim for non-receipt, so you may as well wait a couple more weeks.  Open the claim no later than day 43, if it comes to that.

After 30 days, items in your Purchase History will display a message reminding you to leave feedback and if there is a problem to go to the Resolution Center by day/month/year.  If you check in at ebay with any regularity at all it's pretty hard to miss.  So when that message appears on the item listing, and if the item has not arrived yet, contact the seller.  If no satisfaction comes of doing so, file the claim.  In the event that the item arrives afterward, you can always repay the seller.  The following link tells you all about the Item Not Received process:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/item-not-received.html

You have 60 days in which to leave feedback.  I hope your pretty new item arrives really soon. 🙂

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member

Whatever else happens with this transaction, open the item not received dispute no later than day 43, if it still hasn't arrive. If the seller can't provide a delivery confirmation number showing that you received the item, you will get a full refund, including the shipping cost.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply