item not received resent and not received again and now

badwire2
Community Member

item bought with paypal on may 4 1214. i waited till june 18 1214 not recieved so i contacted seller they agreed to resend and i waited till aug 20 1214 and nothing again so i contacted again they said they will refund some of the money paid but felt they were at loss.

ebay or paypal will not file a case after 45 days

so what is my next step

this must have happen  in the past

awaiting a helpful answer

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

So, we're in the year 2014. 

You don't have much left to do besides accept whatever payment the seller will reimburse to your account. Sellers don't normally refund after this duration of time...which seems like 3 month's time. So take what you get in this case.

Next time, what you need to do is WITHIN the 45 days of purchasing an item, leave appropriate feedback for the seller and most importantly, file an unreceived item case in PayPal....this way you are safe and if anything goes wrong with the transaction, you can count on PayPal to take action on your behalf.

You also need to make sure your shipping address is correct on PayPal, otherwise, this will happen again.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Is the seller in Asia?

If so, there was no original shipment, there was no replacement shipment, and you will never see a refund.

This is a relatively new scam, and it has spread to other parts of the world.

Contact the credit card you really paid with (Paypal is just a mediator) phone the 1-800 customer service number and ask about a chargeback.

Credit cards have longer deadlines than eBay/Paypal, but they do have deadlines. Act immediately.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply