...just some advice...

katiusciav
Community Member
i have stipulated in my auction pages that payment is due within 5 days of auction close...when someone still hasn't paid after this,(or offered any other form of contact), how do you ask for payment? i have difficulty sometimes wording it appropriately so as to not sound demanding or anything...do some of you just send out another invoice? the reason i want to remind them isn't because 'i want my money', but sometimes, they forget, or think they already paid it..or whatever...

do you guys have 'form letters' or a standardized form/way of reminding the payee??
Kat
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

...just some advice...

Well, I believe in letting the buyer save face. I use email templates that I cut and paste as the occasion arises, saying something along the lines of:

Hi, xxxx

You recently purchased this item from me through ebay, and as yet I have not had any response from you. I Know that often spam filters can block emails in error, so I am sending this through eBay's own system to ensure that you do receive it.

Please let me know if you intend to continue with this transaction and remit payment; if not, I will file with eBay for cancellation in order to have my fees returned.

If I don't get a response, then I start unpaid item dispute.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

...just some advice...

katiusciav
Community Member
thank you ann..i appreciate your taking the time to offer your advice as well as provide an example..:-)
Kat
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

...just some advice...

nxtdriver
Community Member
Five days is pretty tight. I specify 14 days on mine. At 7 days without communication from the buyer I start the non payment claim, then at 15 days I get my final fees back. I don't get alot of people who don't pay considering the amount of stuff I do sell. Usually people forget and pay 3 or 4 days after the sale.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

...just some advice...

katiusciav
Community Member
i wouldn't do 14 days, i may change it to ten or seven, but regardless, it was stipulated before they bid, so they should commit to that, unless they communicate with me, which is also stipulated in my terms...
Kat
Message 5 of 5
latest reply