low dsr detailed seller ratings and positive feedback

A buyer with low feedback, fairly new to ebay recently left me all  low 1 detailed sellers ratings across the board but left positive feedback praising the transaction clearly by mistake or with malicious intentions. ebay refuses to investigate the DSRs or remove them. Then advised me to contact them regarding the DSRs is against ebay policies... do they not know their own polices trying to put me in a situation which I refused. Maintaining 100% positive feedback and good DSR standings over an extended amount of time, including clear images and accurate descriptions, answering all questions promptly, shipping all items withing 24 business hours, and offering calculated shipping only to get damaging DSRs. I thought eBay was supposed to be a fair and friendly trading environment and low detailed sellers rating were frowned upon by ebay. Hearing of other sellers in the same situation who have had unfair and damaging DSRs along with positive feedback removed with or without inquiring about it is unfair and very discouraging. 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Unfortunately you will have to phone customer service and hopefully you get one who is "on the ball"  Be calm, state the facts, have them check the feedback vrs the low stars and it really should be a slam dunk. Let them know you would prefer waiting on the phone while they remove the feedback and DSR's/  If you find yourself getting nowhere with the c/s rep, politely say goodbye, hang up, call again. Hopefully the next one will make it happen. Keep calling until you do.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I wouldn't give up but do as suggested by Snoopwiz below. I had the same problem however they didn't remove my low DSR. eBay does not care one iota about their sellers. I spend 3 hours on the phone with them today regarding a matter in which they went against their own policy. Very frustrating!
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I`ve called numerous times regarding the matter to be told they can not remove the feedback / DSR since they left positive feedback. Yet if it was negative they would have no problem removing it. The last call I made a rep agreed the situation was fishy and I thought i was on the right track. She recorded everything on file so I wouldnt have to explain myself to the department I was being transferred to.  Once transferred the rep said there was nothing regarding my previous conversation and they refused to remove it.  I was furious being told it would be removed and then they would not. I will keep calling as this situation is beyond unfair. From my understading as of Apr 29, 2014 they have the ability to remove low DSRs along with positive feedback.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had to call numerous (4) times to get a vindictive positive with two of the 4 stars being a one (1) removed. (Buyer was ticked off that I only accepted one of the two relatively low "best offers.")

It can be done. It has been done. I can offer you nothing more than tell you to continue to call. You will eventually get the right c/s rep. I know it is a royal pain in the butt, and that only a small percentage of their phone reps seem to be trained well enough to act on obvious issues such as yours.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

From my understading as of Apr 29, 2014 they have the ability to remove low DSRs along with positive feedback.

My positive with low DSR's was removed in early March, 2014.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Well I spoke with ebay this morning and was told the low DSRs would be removed within 24 hours as she had spoken with her manager, wrote down the ref # and the name of the ebay rep. I don`t want to get my hopes up just yet until they are visibly removed as I have being promised action in the past and called back with ref # that are not on file. Will keep you posted. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Please come back and let us know if they did follow through with their 24 hour promise.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

1st rep... no ref # on file... thank you goodbye

2nd rep... no ref# on file transferred to another department...

3rd rep... rep sees ref# but there are no notes on file... being transferred...

4th rep... being transferred again...

5th rep... no ref# on file... explained the situation... put on hold... rep comes back told to check feedback and they removed the positive feedback...

One thing that confuses me is he told me the low DSRs would not be removed until the next evaluation on the 20th. I guess I am half way there, will wait to see if low DSRs are actually removed by then. 

Was you low DSRs removed right away or did you have to wait for the next evaluation on the 20th?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

They are now gone! Nice to be treated fairly, took a lot of time but well worth the effort. Thanks for the push.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Nice to hear you finally were connected to a c/s rep who "got it"  Just such a shame you have to call, then call, then call again, then call again, then get transferred, then get transferred again, then get transferred again, eating up time you could be doing much more productive things, before the "right" rep came along.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply