my buyer filed for a refund 4 days after item closing,.

I was having trouble with my in box it was new to me I was used to using my msn e mail. However all new info was coming in on page 3. in the e bay messages, I lost communication with my customers.One filed for a refund (under the buyer protection program) 4 days after the item closed, Now I end up with a Negative he has kept my Item and my money. This is my first Negative after 1500 positives, I waited inline and made a call to e bay, what a joke, was tolled I had no tracking,and was dead in the water, go--figure,

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

my buyer filed for a refund 4 days after item closing,.

Yeah-- that's the golden star.

No tracking- no proof of delivery to be exact-- and you will lose an Item Not Received dispute.

Because tracking is so expensive, it makes a lot of sense for sellers of inexpensive items to use Cookie Jar Insurance.

This just means that on every shipping and handling charge you add a few pennies to cover the occasional loss. Just like a premium to a third party insurer, but you keep those virtual premiums in a virtual Cookie Jar.

When you get a claim, you pay out before PP /eBay gets involved, saving yourself from heartache , stress, violations and defects.

With luck, and an honest but nervous buyer, when the item arrives, you will be refunded by the buyer.  Always include a polite note with your refund telling her she can refund the refund when the item arrives by using Paypal's Send Money. Most will, because most people are honest. If a little paranoid and flakey.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply