my matercard is not working why ????????

skateboardlover13
Community Member

ive put my mastercard number several times and each time it says that my card was denied but weve called at the number in the back of my card and it says that the card is activated why does that happen ?????

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You say you have "put mastercard number", - where have you put it?  If you are simply trying to buy something with your mastercard, then you click Pay Now, then review and continue, then Don't have a paypal account, then enter your info and click your way through until you get the dialogue box announcing you have just completed your payment.

Doing this, you must enter the information exactly as it appears on your ebay registered address, and the this must also match exactly the billing address on the card.  Any discrepancy and a computer assumes something is amiss.

Was that it, or was it something else?  The more details you can offer, the more accurate the responses you will get. 🙂

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I just thought of something else, - do you have a paypal account?  Are you trying to add that card to it?  This link will explain the process if that is what you want:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/paypal-cc.html

And if you do have a paypal account, - have you linked your ebay and pp accs?  This will explain that:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/link-paypal.html

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

scifan57
Community Member
Are you trying to buy something that costs more than the available credit on your card? This would also result in your card being declined.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you are paying with a prepaid credit card. Simply call the card company and ask them to add your zip or postal code. It must match your info with ebay. That has always worked for us.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply