new phishing letter

Just got an email, allegedly from the Ebay Vero program telling me that a listing had been removed and a handy dandy link to click on if I wanted more information. It was just addresses to Ebay member, not to me, the item number did not exist, and it was from allegedly from Ebay UK - where I do not list. I do wish the idiots playing these games would do something a little more productive and stop wasting time with these phishing letters
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

new phishing letter

I just got one from socal_tools asking me what the final price was on item 300180385361. It was in my Inbox shown as message from ebay, with an exclamation mark like the sender wanted to be informed when I opened it. I clicked on it like a fool and now I have a Trojan. I just had my computer cleared of viruses.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

new phishing letter

The socal_tools one has been going around for a long time, I get it at least once a day and have for about 6 months.

They have NEVER shown in My Messages because they are sent from outside of eBay.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

new phishing letter

First time I got it. Last two came from my relatives through my Messenger. (not sent by them intentionally)
Message 4 of 4
latest reply