non-paying/communicating buyer

I sold an item over 48 hours ago. The buyer placed their bid seconds before the auction ended. I have sent invoice twice and a follow up message requesting payment or an update as such but haven't gotten a response. 

rather than waste time with this buyer I'm thinking I'll just relist the item. My question is...If I cancel that deal and relist is that buyer still able to leave feedback?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

"I'm thinking I'll just relist the item"

Do NOT. You must give the buyer four days to pay.

"is that buyer still able to leave feedback?"

Yes, the buyer can leave negative feedback if you fail to complete the transaction.

"placed their bid seconds"

That does not mean anything.  He could have used a "snapper" program placing bids on his behalf and be away from the computer at the time.

Patience.

You have already overcommunicated with the buyer.  Typically, one invoice is all that needs to be sent in the first four days.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Actually it has only been about 36 hours since the auction ended.

You can't file a Non Paying bidder claim for 4 days.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

cbsalesnb
Community Member

The process for non-paying bidders

-Wait at least 4 days (Cannot open a case until 4 full days pass)

-Open unpaid item case

-Wait until you can close the case and pick "I have not received payment". Will be greyed out until at least another 4 full days pass.

-Close case choosing the option "I have not received payment"

Until you close the case, the buy can at any time pay for the item, and you will be expected to ship it. They can leave negatives as well, until the case is closed. Once it's closed, they will be blocked from paying or leaving feedback and you are free to relist.

That's at least 8 full days before you can relist.

Usually on day 2, I will send a note reminding them that I can't ship until payment is cleared and ask if they need any help with paypal. Aside from that, I will not communicate further if they don't send me back a message.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the responses. I guess I'm used to buyers paying for things right away and getting communications within a few hours. I'll wait and see what the buyer does.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I hear ya. My opinion is if you're not in a position to pay when the auction ends then you shouldn't be bidding now should you.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply