on a buy now , can a buyer get the item at low bid

I have been very disappointed with not getting a clear vision on what to expect, what is right, or misunderstood,  or do I just forget the the whole effort and go diferent  direction  with  my  selling  effort ?  What is the point of buy  now if the buyer can bid any amount

below the  buy now price. Isn't a buy now a indication of a seller offer to buy at a bargan  price and move forward sooner?????

..........................              heisresin

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

You need to learn the difference between fixed price Buy It Now & Auction with a Buy it Now option.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Auction- 

The seller sets the opening price by combining his procurement costs, eBay and PP fees, labour time (minimum wage in ON is 17 cents an hour), and perhaps a few pennies for a 'self-insurance' premium. If the seller is using Free Shipping, the cost of shipping should also be factored in.

If the auction gets only one bidder, the seller does not lose money.

If the auction goes higher than the opening price, the seller makes money.

Auction with Buy It Now-

The price the seller arrived at above is set as the Buy It Now price. The opening price is at least 10% higher.

If someone swoops in and takes the BIN, the seller does not lose money.

Fixed Price/Buy It Now-

All the above factors plus a reasonable profit. On most items I would consider a reasonable profit to be double the costs.   And in my opinion, nothing should be listed that will sell under $9.99.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

And I see you fell for eBay's stupid suggestion that you start your auction items at $0.99.

Don't.

Go and Revise that motorcycle tool box to a more reasonable price before someone swoops in and bids. You can't change it if you have bidders.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

(minimum wage in ON is 17 cents an hour),

Errrrr-- Make that 17 cents a minute.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply