on ebay canada want to use american currency in my auction otherwise it's confusing to u.s. buyers

I am on ebay canada and want to use u.s. currency in my auctions...I have noticed that the price is making it confusing to buyers because of the current exchange and they have to convert so how can i use u.s. currency in the auction...thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

on ebay canada want to use american currency in my auction otherwise it's confusing to u.s. buyers

As of June 1, 2016, listings on eBayCANADA must be in Canadian currency.

If you want to list in US currency, you just have to go to eBaydotCOM (the US site) and list there where all listings must be in US currency.

However.

Most of your items seem to be bulky enough that they will require parcel rates for shipping.

And parcel rates (both postal and courier) are set by dimensions, weight and DESTINATION.

That is the same parcel will attract different rates for shipping to Alberta, Texas, New Brunswick and Vermont.

And on eBaydotCOM you can only use Flat Rate shipping.

Fortunately, Americans are not as dumb and easily confused as we sometimes pretend they are.

When our US buyers are using Search on dotCOM, they see our prices in US dollars.

When they click on the actual listing, both currencies can be seen.

Your products would attract a fairly sophisticated buyer and I don't think they are as confused as you fear.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@mod.century wrote:

I am on ebay canada and want to use u.s. currency in my auctions...

until Monday June 13, 2016

To use US$ on eBay.ca you have to use the Advanced Seller Form (allows switching CA$ and US$)

June 14 onward

After that date all new listings on eBay.CA must be in Canadian$

To have US$ auctions you must list them on eBay.COM

You have 50 free listings per month on both .ca and on .com

http://announcements.ebay.ca/2016/03/22/7748/

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

For some listings, you have no shipping costs set up for outside Canada, and expect that interested viewers will contact you for these.  Most will simply move on.  You need to enter weight and dimensions and choose Expedited (PayPal discounts make this cheaper than regular parcel) for Canada and USA and actually have correct shipping costs appear in the listings.  I really doubt that you will find many overseas buyers since shipping costs are prohibitive, but you can then separately set up International shipping if you wish, I would just caution you not to choose a surface method as it will take too long and cause problems for you.  Incidentally, Tracked Packet USA means just that - to USA only.  Not to Brazil or Burkina Faso, which you show in at least one of your listings.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It is my understanding that, as of June 14, if you are Canadian you MUST list only in Canadian dollars.  I tried listing on Ebay.com and everything was fine right up to the point where I had to enter a zip code.  Of course they would not recognise the Canadian postal code on their lister so that was the end of that.  Personally, I don't understand why I can't continue to list in US dollars if I wish and Ebay simply take a larger % for the conversion at the point where I transfer from pay pal to my bank account.  So much for free enterprise.  I have found from day 1 that Ebay discriminates against Canadian sellers 😞

Message 5 of 5
latest reply