one for you postie lovers

Shipped a small carton expedited from Toronto to Quebec city on Monday.  Eta according to the CP site is next Monday.

Is this the best service they can provide? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Not a bad time.

Less than aweek.

If you wanted it sent faster you should have used

a faster service.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@altimateoutlet wrote:

Shipped a small carton expedited from Toronto to Quebec city on Monday.  Eta according to the CP site is next Monday. Is this the best service they can provide? 

Tracking on Canada Post adjusts the estimated delivery date if there are delays.

The Canada Post delivery standards for Toronto (postal code M) to Quebec City (postal code G) is

2 business days for expedited parcel and 4 business days for regular parcel

See: www.canadapost.ca/business/tools/ds/Default.aspx

If you used expedited parcel there is a delivery time guarantee for Canada. So, if this delivery has actually taken 5 business days, you can file a claim for late delivery (either by phone or through the CP website). Do note that dropping off the parcel after the shipping cutoff time means the clock starts the following day.

Delivered late (refund): www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/support/helpcentre/tracking/late_delivery.jsf  -- postal codes and tracking number needed for a claim.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks, I give it a try. Will they compensate for loss of business?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@altimateoutlet wrote:

Thanks, I give it a try. Will they compensate for loss of business?

You have 30 business days to file a claim on-line (I seen reports elsewhere that claims made by phone can only be made during the first 30 calendar days, as that's the only info the phone reps have access to).  On-line is currently taking around 4 days to approve/deny a claim (I had one claim last week).

The late guarantee is for shipping cost only.

I'm not aware of any delivery company that covers loss of business.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply