order from two eBay suppliers and AliExpress-DHL collected money,why and no confirmation,

pamather_0
Community Member

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

order from two eBay suppliers and AliExpress-DHL collected money,why and no confirmation,

You bought items from two different eBay sellers.

They were shipped (from China?) by AliExpress and DHL.

DHL is an international shipping company that handles a lot of Chinese shipments as a sub-contractor for Chinese shippers -- which is probably where AliExpress came in.

The fees collected were probably Canadian duty and Canadian sales taxes plus a service fee that went to DHL for wrangling the items through customs.

Any import valued over $20CDN (~$16USD) is supposed to be assessed for duty.

Even if there is no duty payable, sales taxes are still collected.

When items are shipped through the postal system, CBSA and Canada Post as a matter of efficiency, tend to ignore low value and small packages. Because the Canadian government would be paying out more to assess than they could collect. 

But couriers like DHL/UPS/GSP do not have that luxury.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sounds like sellers who are dropshipping or shipping by using AliExpress and Alibaba

Was money collected in addition to the purchase or just for the purchase amount?

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You bought items from two different eBay sellers.

They were shipped (from China?) by AliExpress and DHL.

DHL is an international shipping company that handles a lot of Chinese shipments as a sub-contractor for Chinese shippers -- which is probably where AliExpress came in.

The fees collected were probably Canadian duty and Canadian sales taxes plus a service fee that went to DHL for wrangling the items through customs.

Any import valued over $20CDN (~$16USD) is supposed to be assessed for duty.

Even if there is no duty payable, sales taxes are still collected.

When items are shipped through the postal system, CBSA and Canada Post as a matter of efficiency, tend to ignore low value and small packages. Because the Canadian government would be paying out more to assess than they could collect. 

But couriers like DHL/UPS/GSP do not have that luxury.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I'm dropping out, won't worry anyone with the 10.00 I lost, thank-you for your efforts. I can't tell who are customers and
\who are ebay employees, so thanks for closing my file.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply