paypal withholding funds how long before I can sell and receive funds immediately

I am so very frustrated as a new yet old seller using paypal!  I have sold on Ebay since the year 2000 and because I stopped selling for a year lost all my feedback points (in the hundeds!) I feel penalized as I have started to sell again since October 2013 and it seems I have to wait a month after each sale before I receive payment from paypal ! I ship immediately and so far everything has been smooth -feedback positive-so For how long must I wait until thispenalty/ waiting period is lifted?

I honestly feel like giving up -as each time I incur costs of postage and shipping prior to receiving my payment a month later. This does not seem ethical. I imagine this is due to others not selling ethically but..

How much trust do I have to earn before I am selling and receiving funds immediately

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

paypal withholding funds how long before I can sell and receive funds immediately

You shouldn't have lost your feedback number but it looks as if you started a new id rather than use your old one.

However, even if you were using your former id there might still be a hold on your funds because they would consider you as having a 'limited selling history' There is more info at the following link.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/payment_hold.html#avoid

New seller status ends once you've met all the following criteria:

• It's been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.

• You've completed more than 25 domestic sales transactions.

• You have more than US$250 in total sales.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi thank you for the info..I did contact ebay awhile back and they said since I had not used my account for a year then I would have to start at beginning again with a new user name ;-(

I have already sold more than 250 worth of merchandise but I wonder what else I have to do to earn trust..Should I contact paypal directly re this issue?

Thank s kindly for the help!

heather

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"I wonder what else I have to do"

90 days since this is a new User ID.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hi thank you for the info..I did contact ebay awhile back and they said since I had not used my account for a year then I would have to start at beginning again with a new user name ;-(

Well, that's just plain wrong. You got bad information.

Since feedback builds trust, you may want to go to that old ID, presuming you remember your password, and reopen it. You will be starting again as a 'lapsed seller"  and you will lose the 12 FB you currently have on this ID. Up to you whether you think it worthwhile.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Just to check, I did just that with an account I have not used in a couple of years.

You will have to answer the security question. EBay will call you with a number to put into the form. You don't need a mobile phone which I don't have (and you **bleep** kids get off my lawn!) even if it says so. Use your landline. The phone number I use currently is not even in the same area code as my old ID, but that was not a problem.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Even if you back to your old id, you would still have money withheld until the new seller requirements were met.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply