problems with my payment

jalbert-riel
Community Member

I tried 4 times this morning to pay for my purchase of August 15th.  I have checkout confirm order but receiving emails from Ebay that I have not paid for my purchase.  I have called my Visa card and the payment has not gone through.  This is my first purchasing on Ebay and thus far not impressed with all the problems I have incured.  Can somebody please let me know if my purchase has goe through, as you can surmise I only want 1 item and 5 or six.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

problems with my payment

There is no way for us to see if your payment has gone through. I'm guessing you have of course already contacted your seller and asked them? You've checked your PayPal account?  Perhaps ask the seller to send a new invoice.

Have you tried paying before today? Btw taking 6 days to pay for an item will not fly with most sellers and I don't suggest making a habit of it.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

problems with my payment

Hello 'jalbert-riel',

The item is in your Purchase History, yes?  What do you mean you "have checkout confirm order"?  When going through the payment process, you do not confirm the order, you confirm the payment, - multiple times.

You have a Visa you say, - then payment should be super quick and easy.  Go to your Purchase History and see the listing.  Click on Pay Now.  Review your purchase, then click Continue.  You then see a page asking you to Choose a way to pay.  Click the second option which is Don't have a paypal account.  On the next page enter your card info, - enter everything exactly the same as on your registered ebay address, spaces, dashes, everything identical.  Then click Review, click Continue, click Confirm Payment, and you're done.

Your item will be paid for in a matter of seconds.  That is, of course, assuming your credit card is okay. 😉

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

problems with my payment

Oh, and it might be a good idea to send a note to your seller explaining that because you are new you are still trying to get the hang of the payment process.  That way he knows you are not a complete and total deadbeat. 

If, however, he has started an Unpaid Item case, you'll want to pay very soon or you'll end up with a strike.  Get another one of those and it will be an awful lot like shopping elsewhere for the next year.  Sellers generally have autoblocks against reported nonpayers.  Have a look at the following link if you want to read up on it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/buy/questions/unpaid-item.html

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

problems with my payment

What about this - someone else's question made me think of it -- Do you have a paypal account with which you are trying to use that card?  You may need to link your ebay and paypal accounts, - new people so often miss that part:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/link-paypal.html

Or if you are trying to add that card to your paypal account, then this tells you how:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/account/paypal-cc.html

Otherwise, all I can think of (based on what you have said) would be that your registered ebay address must match exactly the billing address on the card.  If you've moved and have not changed one or the other, it will never work until you do.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply