sorry for misspeling everyone 🙂

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

promo for everyove free listing

All sellers - nice Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

How many people will forget that eBay's midnight might not match their midnight, list too early and then wonder why they are being charged fees.

For listings on eBay.ca the time zone used is Eastern (ET).

For listings on eBay.com the time zone used is Pacific (PT).

Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Apparently the "Free" listing for everyone is a lie.  I just listed a buy it now item  for 30 days and was charged 5 cents.  No sign of any promo on my main page.  A new low for eBay.  Bad enough I rarely get invited to listing promos anymore, but to be excluded from one that is for "everyone" is infuriating!!!!!!!!!!!!  Smiley Mad

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

Apparently the "Free" listing for everyone is a lie.

As long as you meet the ebay performance standards and the listing meets the other requirements, it should include you too. It could be a glitch. That has happened before with other promos.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Ebay needs to fix their "Glitches" then.  I have above standard rating and meet all requirements to list on ebay.  This is unfair discrimination and I am tired of it.  If ebay had a bricks and mortar store and excluded some people for no reason, they would face massive lawsuits.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

I listed around 280 FP items at 10pm PST on .ca and I wasn't charged anything =D Hopefully I'll have time to list more before the 4th~

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

Well good for you!  However, I am still being unfairly excluded by ebay!  This totaly sucks!!!Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

"being unfairly excluded"

???

What exactly do you mean?

Have you tried listing an item this morning?  Were you charged a listing fee?

Message 13 of 31
latest reply

If you had bothered to read my first post, you would not be asking that question!

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

"I just listed a buy it now item  for 30 days and was charged 5 cents. "

???

What site did you list you item?  eBay.com where the promotion starts at 3:00am Eastern or eBay.cva where it starts at 12:01am

I see one listing you listed at 23:23:30 PDT - 37 minutes before the start of the promotion.  Is that the problem?

Message 15 of 31
latest reply

Can you please tell me how you found out about this promotion?  I cannot find it - not in eBay Messages or my email account, not in "Promotions" on summary page, not in eBay announcements, only in the link isiahhijab gave.  How would I know about this link to find the promotion details if I hadn't read it here?  And yes, my preferences are set to receive promotions.

forester_studios - according to the link given, the promotion is for AUCTION style listings up to 10 days duration - you listed for 30 days as buy it now, and that is why you were charged.

Message 16 of 31
latest reply

To stay aware of what is happening on eBay, always check the announcement board on eBay.com

http://announcements.ebay.com/

The folks at eBay.ca often do not bother to put promotions on their announcement board.

One more time for everyone: check eBay.com

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

"the promotion is for AUCTION style listings up to 10 days duration -"

NO.

The promotion is for both auction style (up to 10 days) and fixed price (up to 30 days)

Please reach the terms very carefully:

http://pages.ebay.com/promo/2013/0829/Listings500.html

You will notice the start and ending times are different on eBay.ca and eBay.com.

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

Thanks for that, and for your correction of my error - my bad!

Actually, what I want to know is how the OP knew to find the promo at the ebay.ca link provided. 

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

"how the OP knew to find the promo at the ebay.ca link provided. "

Mine came up in an email message from eBay.

IMPORTANT : Do you have your "preferences" set up to receive promotional offers from eBay.  That may be the cause of the problem.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply