purchased item from USA but now the seller says it will take 3-5 weeks to arrive. i try to track the package via USPS.com but nothing.

anti-hgtv
Community Member

if the seller says his location is in the USA ...shouldnt it arrive from there or is it alright for it to come from another country like china.  i only suspect this because the seller won't reply to my questions on where the item is located and why will it take 3-5 weeks.

thanks

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

purchased item from USA but now the seller says it will take 3-5 weeks to arrive. i try to track the package via USPS.com but nothing.

Does the tracking number end is US? Or does it end in something else? If it ends in US, the item is originating from the US. If it ends in CN, JP, SG, and some others, then it is originating from somewhere in Asia.

Some sellers do use a dropshipping service. Dropshipping is when the seller, has their supplier, typically located somewhere in Asia, ship their item directly to the buyer, rather to the seller first, and then to the buyer.

As for the delivery timeline.. Most sellers in the US will give a broad delivery estimate.I've had some items from the States come to me in a week, and some come in a little over a month. Just be patient and remember to open a Paypal claim if you don't receive anything before 45 days.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Misstating listing item location is a policy violation..

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/item-location.html

File non receipt no later than day 43.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

anti-hgtv
Community Member

the location says

See details about international shipping here. Item location: North Brunswick, New Jersey, United States

and it going to take 3-5 weeks...

NK is the first two letters in the tracking number...i'm pissed

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Okay, but what does it end in?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

anti-hgtv
Community Member

NK_ _ _ _ _34412

the blanks are all numbers

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I can always be wrong but think that will turn out to be USPS.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply