purchased item, turned out to be stolen, tried to open ebay buyer claim, seller suspended

I purchased 3 satellite receivers from a seller, the seller shipped late saying he was having money issues, after about 40 days I get them. I call to activate the provider say they are on a flagged account /stolen etc.

taking a better inspection of items I can see some look like they were pulled out real hard from the wall (component area damage)

I tried to open a claim with ebay within days of receiving, ebay said they cant since the seller account is suspended.

Calling the over seas call center gets no where. I been on this for 6 months its been taking a lot of time... I spent about 350CAD

What do I do?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

purchased item, turned out to be stolen, tried to open ebay buyer claim, seller suspended

PayPal allows claims for 180 days for Significantly not as described. Try PayPal but you might be too late.

If you paid with a credit card through PayPal, you might be able to do a chargeback. Look on the back of your credit card for a phone number to call. Have details ready.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

paypal limited the account after I tried to open the claim, when I login it says to contact them and logs back out. I contact them and they put me in circles and said said their decision is final to close the account.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

That part doesn't make sense. You really DO need to call them.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply