purolator missing package

gaschurman
Community Member
I've sent my photos always using stamps, but a customer wanted to receive by christmas and asked me to send by courier and he will pay the cost even if is a lot of money.

I recommended next day to USA purolator service, because It was cheaper than fedex and seemed to be the same thing.

I left the package in a CP post office @ 8.30 in the morning monday 21st.
they said purolator won't pick up until that night but it was guaranteed next day delivery. I was asking how they do that, but anyways is not my problem,

I was checking the tracking info on the internet and of course the item didn't leave canada until the 23 , and no more info after that.

on the 24 I called and they said they don't know anything, the item left for the US and the US company that makes the purolator deliveries didn't update the info.

what I should do ?

besides my customer must be angry, I paid for a service that supose to deliver next day and here we are, after 6 days no news and missing package.

thanks
gustavo
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

shoplineca
Community Member
gustavo
Good news is you can get your money back and refund your client for the extra postage he paid for.

Lesson for the future however is NEVER leave your Purolator packages with CP. Take them directly to a Purolator office.

Even though they are owned by the same Crown Corporation, they dont function as one. They have completely different billing systems, administration etc etc etc.

The opportunity for error in treating your package like regular mail, regardless of the label, especially at this time of year is very high and for CP to get it into Purolator's hands without incidenttoo high a risk.

I have a CP account with discounted rates however I take all Purolator parcels directly to Purolator and never combine shipments.

Malcolm
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

gaschurman
Community Member
the item didn't arrive yet, I called purolator they claimed it was delayed by customs and then in ohio by DHL due to the snow storm . they don't want to give any money back they said they have a lot of reasons.

that is not true because I shipped on monday 22 and purolator offers next day delivery, that night there was no storm at all.

I believe there's nothing to do.

gustavo.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

shoplineca
Community Member
You need to talk to a supervisor or manager. You are 100% entitled to get your money back. When you pay for guaranteed next day delivery, whatever the reasons are, the problem and expense must be borne by the carrier, not the shipper (you) or the customer.

Malcolm
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

tpman99
Community Member
I have had a bad experience with shipping Puro in a Canadapost outlet. I will never do that again as it seems like it takes an extra day to get to the puro hub when it comes from Canadapost. To top it off the person behind the counter did not even know what paperwork is required.....

Never again!!!!:-D
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

ospreylinks
Community Member
Exactly correct. Although Canada Post owns Purolator (or has a large stake), they are two different businesses, and although CP advertises that you can buy Purolator services via their desk, they are in fact just a reseller, so it is like leaving your dirty clothes at a depot instead of taking it directly to the landry.

Jeff
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

aabros
Community Member
gaschurman: I believe it will be extremely hard to get a credit for this shipment, as mentioned in the terms and conditions of Purolator (Canada Post): EVENTS BEYOND PUROLATOR’S CONTROL: Purolator shall not be liable to refund or credit transportation charges (...) weather conditions (...) You can copy and paste the following link for more info. Unfortunately, when you signed your waybill, it was an acceptance of those terms.

http://www.purolator.com/products_services/terms_conditions.html
Message 7 of 7
latest reply