"The Ship From State or Province is not a valid state or province code."

This is my new paypal shipping error.... Apparently Newfoundland is not a province anymore! LOL.
Anybody else having this problem or know of a solution???? And no... moving to Ontario is not a solution.

Andrew
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

treasure-pot
Community Member
Andrew, if you entering it in abbreviated form it should be NL - in long form it is Newfoundland and Labrador. Entering NF or Newfoundland may cause the problem.

Bill

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Bill. Paypal uses a drop down menu for the province. I can't edit it.
The exact province name is Newfoundland and Labrador.
My address defaults to Newfoundland... not NL as it probly should.

By the way. I did not cause the problem by changing any info.
I figured I would leave it for a while and try later on in case it was a glitch.
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

treasure-pot
Community Member
Andrew, does it look like the buyer is a registered PayPal user - does he/she have previous transactions through PayPal?

The reason I ask is that PayPal does not require people to actually register when paying by CC and I'm wondering if that is where the problems are coming from. I've encountered the same difficulty with other provinces and it seems the buyers ability to type in their province (rather than from a menu) has messed up a variety of things including applicable taxes payable. I'm just wondering if this is an issue that PayPal needs to address or, as you say, just a temporary glitch.

Bill

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Bill. I have 2 shipments outstanding. One guy has feedback of over 300, while the 2nd is a newbie without any. My problem is related to both.

I have had this happen before... maybe a year ago, and it went away. HMMMMM.

I appreciate the insight.

Andrew
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I was told by Paypal it is most likely a Canada Post problem... I did however go to the Canada Post site and print the shipping labels.

Andrew
Message 6 of 6
latest reply